• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

44 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This is depressing for a kid from the south.

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The West Coast I would imagine feel the same way. Hope that GOR holds up with the oncoming storms that lay ahead. 

I don’t see Oregon or Washington leaving the PAC 12 especially if that rumored tv deal becomes reality. Big  12 will probably lose a Texas school, KSTATE, Kansas, Ok St to PAC 12. ACC will probably only lose FSU & Clemson to SEC. And then I think Big 12 & ACC replace their losses with G5 schools. You have to follow history as is usually can repeat itself 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I don’t see Oregon or Washington leaving the PAC 12 especially if that rumored tv deal becomes reality. Big  12 will probably lose a Texas school, KSTATE, Kansas, Ok St to PAC 12. ACC will probably only lose FSU & Clemson to SEC. And then I think Big 12 & ACC replace their losses with G5 schools. You have to follow history as is usually can repeat itself 

Oregon, Stanford, and Washington are as good as gone, it’s just a matter of time. No way the B10 does not create a more west coast presence for USC and UCLA. Why would a B12 school go to unstable PAC? That’s wishful thinking. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oregon, Stanford, and Washington are as good as gone, it’s just a matter of time. No way the B10 does not create a more west coast presence for USC and UCLA. Why would a B12 school go to unstable PAC? That’s wishful thinking. 

Why would the Big Ten ignore the east coast by only inviting Rutgers & MD? So I think Big Ten is happy with two west coast schools. I actually think they will grab a Texas school & Kansas to get the Southwest market 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

This is depressing for a kid from the south.

Very.

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Why would the Big Ten ignore the east coast by only inviting Rutgers & MD? So I think Big Ten is happy with two west coast schools. I actually think they will grab a Texas school & Kansas to get the Southwest market 

But Ohio State, Penn State, and Mich/Mich State are still closer to the east coast than the west coast. USC/UCLA are on a much more geographic island. I think the three previously mentioned in the PAC are gone as well as KU. But all of this is looking like 5/6 years from now. 

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But Ohio State, Penn State, and Mich/Mich State are still closer to the east coast than the west coast. USC/UCLA are on a much more geographic island. I think the three previously mentioned in the PAC are gone as well as KU. But all of this is looking like 5/6 years from now. 

I get what you are saying but let’s say Big 12 somehow gets the PAC 12 schools to join. That leaves wvu & UCF on an island. So that gets us back to square one 

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

I get what you are saying but let’s say Big 12 somehow gets the PAC 12 schools to join. That leaves wvu & UCF on an island. So that gets us back to square one 

True, and that’s where we come in to help solve that 😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True, and that’s where we come in to help solve that 😀

Hope so. Think the billion dollar questions are what conferences move again next lol

104C1E3D-D8BC-4C73-AC51-55E52A8C27A6.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Hope so. Think the billion dollar questions are what conferences move again next lol

Yep - this probably means the Big Ten is sitting tight... but the Big 12 doesn't need to. The concern is legal action against Big Ten for killing the P 12 but if Big 12 swoops in and delivers the final blow, probably not a concern. 

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I got another three national media people who are saying it’s just a shifting down for a few years and additions will be made from the PAC. No one knows I guess.