• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

In the end the first two in are Cincy and Houston.. The Big 12 will say these programs give the Big 12 a big boost.

If it is 4 teams, then they add the PROMISE in the future with USF ucf combo. 

I can see some compromising between all powers to make this happen..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Could be an important development. All the problems that happened at Mizzou started as a few protests from student organizations then grew bigger. 

Maybe a little different, but not really in this day and age. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

4 hours ago, aroth said:

ISU's student government opposing BYU's admission probably doesn't mean that much. If this gathers steam and the rest of the conference's student governments say the same thing this might be an issue for BYU. It also has to hurt that they would likely be football only due to their refusal to play on Sundays. 

All BYU has to do (and will do BTW) is publicly amend their policy.  Do you think TCU and Baylor Baptist really support the LBTG community?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

We need fans that will demand a homer from the local media outlets. The local media covers us when things get good because that's when the rest of Tampa wakes up and realizes that USF is pretty fun to watch and support.

Too little too late.  Who needs a homer when we're stuck with the leftover dregs in the AAC. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Too little too late.  Who needs a homer when we're stuck with the leftover dregs in the AAC. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

All BYU has to do (and will do BTW) is publicly amend their policy.  Do you think TCU and Baylor Baptist really support the LBTG community?

I guess the question is what does "support" mean? My understanding (could be wrong) is that these schools, in some form or fashion, do not approve of any kind (straight or gay) of sex outside of marriage. But anything short of affirming the opposite wouldn't be enough (I suspect) for those opposing BYU, without some kind of serious cognitive dissonance.

My point is that I don't see how there's much wiggle room to satisfy those who oppose BYU's inclusion in the Big XII, which could ultimately benefit other schools like USF (setting aside the politics of it all).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I guess the question is what does "support" mean? My understanding (could be wrong) is that these schools, in some form or fashion, do not approve of any kind (straight or gay) of sex outside of marriage. But anything short of affirming the opposite wouldn't be enough (I suspect) for those opposing BYU, without some kind of serious cognitive dissonance.

My point is that I don't see how there's much wiggle room to satisfy those who oppose BYU's inclusion in the Big XII, which could ultimately benefit other schools like USF (setting aside the politics of it all).

I agree with you Tally.  I mean TCU and Baylor are currently in the B12 so there is very little the ISU student body can do about that.

The other issue is asking BYU to make some doctrinal changes in order to get into the B12.  I mean it is one thing to come to those changes on their own but religious institutions seem to bristle at making changes due to outside influences - particularly as a means to an end to gain financially.

I would almost think they would see it as some sort of test.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Yup. I don't see anyway BYU can make these groups happy without coming out and yelling "WE LOVE THE GAYS!!! free_rainbow_heart_icon_by_naoii-d8lrle9 !!!!" and I don't see them doing that.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, MMW said:

I agree with you Tally.  I mean TCU and Baylor are currently in the B12 so there is very little the ISU student body can do about that.

The other issue is asking BYU to make some doctrinal changes in order to get into the B12.  I mean it is one thing to come to those changes on their own but religious institutions seem to bristle at making changes due to outside influences - particularly as a means to an end to gain financially.

I would almost think they would see it as some sort of test.

As a secular institution USF doesn't have to compromise its mission in order to get into the Big XII, whereas it seems like the Iowa State Student Senate is asking BYU to compromise its mission, which extends beyond academics into religious tenets as well. Regardless of whether one agrees with those religious tenets or not, it seems like BYU is at a disadvantage in this situation.

Frankly I'd be surprised if BYU amends its code with respect to LGBT issues, just to get into the Big XII. If it did, why not also amend it to play on Sundays? If everything's relative...

My sense is that the Big XII won't in fact expand this year, even after all of this charade, which is actually good for the AAC and USF. But even if it does, I expect BYU will remain independent. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
42 minutes ago, T-Man said:

In the end the first two in are Cincy and Houston.. The Big 12 will say these programs give the Big 12 a big boost.

If it is 4 teams, then they add the PROMISE in the future with USF ucf combo. 

I can see some compromising between all powers to make this happen..

I think the USF/UCF combo is sitting pretty good right now. I don't think many realize how many schools in the BIG 12 REALLY don't want Houston. Very little compromise will come with that issue.

With the BYU backlash, USF/UCF makes the most sense right now. No travel partner exist for WVU so they need to stop pitching Cincinnati as such. The only thing Cincinnati offers is old money. They don't have much else at the moment, rewind four years and you have different conversation.