• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Looks like the decision will be made in the next 3 weeks.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I have to believe all of this has been for show.  There is no way they had time to do their due diligence on all of these schools in the last week and half.

They knew who they were taking long before the the official announcement was made.

I don't have a good feeling about it, but hope I'm wrong.  Anyways, the start of the season is right around the corner and I'm gonna do my best to not let this detract from my excitement.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Why not rename the Big-12 to Big-Texas

Aresco said he’s heard a little bit of everything when it comes to which of his teams would get tapped by the Big 12. He’s aware that Houston looks like a strong possibility, given the state of the program (13-1 under Tom Herman last season, beating Florida State in the Peach Bowl, and 88 wins in the past 10 seasons) and that Texas governor Greg Abbott has said Big 12 expansion without Houston “is a non-starter.”

http://gridironnow.com/big-12-expansion-aac-mike-aresco/

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I have to believe all of this has been for show.  There is no way they had time to do their due diligence on all of these schools in the last week and half.

They knew who they were taking long before the the official announcement was made.

I don't have a good feeling about it, but hope I'm wrong.  Anyways, the start of the season is right around the corner and I'm gonna do my best to not let this detract from my excitement.

Go Bulls!

6 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Looks like the decision will be made in the next 3 weeks.

I agree, especially since the timeline keeps getting compressed.  

It was three months at one point, then 4 weeks and now 3.  The programs all know who is in and out at this point IMO.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Texas governor Greg Abbott has said Big 12 expansion without Houston “is a non-starter.”

I don't understand how he could have any say in the matter.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

If the $800 mil payout is true, which I believe to be the major incentive for expansion, I don't even see what Houston adds. 

The growth in revenue comes from expanding into new markets such as Florida and/or Ohio/KY. 

The Houston markets already pick up The other Texas schools.  The would be like saying by adding USF and UCF to the SEC that Tampa and Orlando would start watch SEC games.  

From a revenue standpoint, I am not sure Houston adds much new TV revenue.  

The $800Mil (or $400 Mil) additional payout needs to be covered by new revenue (i.e expanded, new tv markets).

Houston adds a quality athletics program and a school with a big enrollment (42,000 in 2015). While it doesn't add another market like USF and UCF would, since many people already watch B12 in Houston, it will add a huge alumni base with their program which in turn has upside. They also serve as a close proximity game partner. Houston is just a logical choice. There really aren't many good teams left to pick from and Houston is one that makes sense.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, NAM37 said:

He doesn't.  I think he knows they are in already.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Remember what happened when Big East crumbled and USF was left without a home.  This will be even worse, because finally, there will be no more lifeboats left...ever.  The teams that will be left will be less than garbage.  Much worse than current AAC.  USF will be basically in a Sun Belt level conference, with no hopes of moving up, ever.

Better start hoping for a miracle.  Because as it is, USF will get left behind, again.  It's going to happen within next 30 days.  Come to grips, terms, whatever you want to call it.  Just be prepared to permanently play Sun Belt football with 20,000 crowds...or less.  The faster you can come to terms with that, the better.  I know Genshaft and Harlan are working quietly behind the scenes, but the fact is, we are not getting in over BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati.  And there's not a Tom Jurich at Louisville pulling strings to help us get in this time.  Lee Roy Selmon isn't walking through that door.  The only hope would be to go in as a pair with UCF, but it doesn't even appear UCF is in the current top 3 or 4.  We are not even getting mentions in half the articles that come out now.

I'm not saying give up hope, but just be prepared to be let down once again.

On a somewhat positive note, If USF can hang on to Willie Taggart for a while, USF should absolutely steamroll whatever is left of AAC, but I wouldn't even count on keeping Taggart that long in a watered down craptacular AAC.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

You don't understand how the politics of this works, do you.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

B12 money helps support in state public university. Easy to see why they want Houston in. Rick Scott should be pushing USF and UCF too. That money will go a long way to building not only the athletic program, but also attracting better students and increasing academic success further advancing our university.