• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Just so you all know. Being #2 mid-season for 1 week in 2007 will not even be considered or remembered when it comes to B12 expansion. UCF finished in the 10 in 2013 and that is good, but will not determine B12 expansion. First, Texas needs to agree to drop the LHN and convert it to the B12 network. If that happens, then the league will look at candidates. They may already be researching candidates, in case it needs to be a swift move. But no B12 network has been announced yet. Who knows, TX and OK may bail on their own and crumble the whole thing. However, right now, as much in denial you all are, UCF is in serious contention here and not much talk on USF. The Big East past is no longer relevant.

George O’Leary has done an immaculate job taking UCF from Conference USA obscurity to a 2014 Fiesta Bowl upset over Baylor.

NCAA sanctions and killing a player aren't what I consider falling under the umbrella of "immaculate" ... Just another know nothing hack's opinion.

Thug life.  Maybe that is what we are missing.  Seems to work for FSU, Florida, and now UCF.  We needs to do some bad things.  

Within reason, of course .... maybe just some strippers on a recruit dinner cruise.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Just so you all know. Being #2 mid-season for 1 week in 2007 will not even be considered or remembered when it comes to B12 expansion. UCF finished in the 10 in 2013 and that is good, but will not determine B12 expansion. First, Texas needs to agree to drop the LHN and convert it to the B12 network. If that happens, then the league will look at candidates. They may already be researching candidates, in case it needs to be a swift move. But no B12 network has been announced yet. Who knows, TX and OK may bail on their own and crumble the whole thing. However, right now, as much in denial you all are, UCF is in serious contention here and not much talk on USF. The Big East past is no longer relevant.

Link?

I just posted one and there are several others already saying UCF is a contender. But you don't care unless there's an official pres release from the Big 12, right? Probably wouldn't happen.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

I stopped reading after this paragraph...

"Getting Kansas State football into the city of Orlando is actually the much bigger deal when it comes to adding UCF to the Big 12. One of the top tourist destinations on the planet, there’s a lot of revenue to be gained and of course, more money for the Big 12 equals more money for Kansas State. By the way, the Big 12 is the only conference of the “power 5″ that does not have a school located in Florida."

I didn't know the Pac12 and B1G were in Florida already.

LOL ... Missed that one. Apparently the B12 beat writers aren't the sharpest. Reminds me of the Ok State one who didn't realize that UCF had been to a BCS bowl a year and a half ago.

That part was pretty weak.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146

Trip being realistic it doesn't look promising for us at this point. If you step away from the situation and look at it openly, you can't deny UCF is probably ahead of us for expansion. IMO We shouldn't tout our market as SMU and Temple have us beat there too. I don't know what will happen if we get left out this round. We just need more time. Willie has to get these guys winning again soon.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You know, back when we were invited to the Big East all the talk was about UCF.  At that point we had not been ranked #2 in the nation, had really not done much of anything to speak of.  And still we got in over UCF.   UCF was allegedly ready to be invited to the Big East and USF allegedly wasn't in the conversation.  Yet USF got in.

Blah blah blah, yada yada yada.

We've been exactly here before, and we know who won.  

So it doesn't bother me in the slightest that UCF is being talked about more than USF.   

Who has a much longer and deeper relationship with WVU, Cincy, Lousiville, Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers?  What P5 schools do UCF have the same kind of relationship with?  

Link?

I just posted one and there are several others already saying UCF is a contender. But you don't care unless there's an official pres release from the Big 12, right? Probably wouldn't happen.

No you didn't. You posted a link that supports the contention that UCF appears to be the media favorite. Not surprising that you cannot grasp the difference ...

Trip being realistic it doesn't look promising for us at this point. If you step away from the situation and look at it openly, you can't deny UCF is probably ahead of us for expansion.

Honestly, yes I can deny it because I don't have a clue what the criteria's going to be for this round of expansion, if there is one. I haven't seen a shred of credible evidence that would indicate they're ahead of us or Houston or Cincy or BYU. They may be but I try to deal in reality and there's nothing to support that at this point in time.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Trip being realistic it doesn't look promising for us at this point. If you step away from the situation and look at it openly, you can't deny UCF is probably ahead of us for expansion.

Honestly, yes I can deny it because I don't have a clue what the criteria's going to be for this round of expansion, if there is one. I haven't seen a shred of credible evidence that would indicate they're ahead of us or Houston or Cincy or BYU. They may be but I try to deal in reality and there's nothing to support that at this point in time.

You know what we need to announce right about now to get USF in the thick of the convo don't you!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

You know what we need to announce right about now to get USF in the thick of the convo don't you!!!!!!!

A new publix location in the heart of St Pete??

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

A new publix location in the heart of St Pete??

With a Sammich Press!!!