• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

All the talk about ucf being favored over us can change in moments notice. The only thing Usf needs to do is start winning and get the fan base to around 50k and we will be right back in front of the pecking order

Could not agree more!

Thanks to this thread I started poking around, I wish I had not, this is depressing.  

http://cardiaccoogs.com/2015/07/09/espn-ready-to-support-houston-to-big-12-if-coog-fans-pack-tdecu-in-the-fall/

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I'm going to start my own webpage and list a bunch of articles listing USF as the leading target for expansion. Just think if we all did it we could flood the market with these stories and drive UCF fans crazy - kind of like fans on here are going.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

It's now rare to see USF mentioned in expansion articles, common to see UCF. And I don't mean on fan blogs but on national sports websites and Midwest regional newspapers.

And nobody's saying that USF IS being mentioned .... and the ones mentioning UCF on national sports websites and Midwest regional newspapers don't have any more insight, if any, into what the next expansion criteria will be than those fan blogs do.

How do you know how much insight, or inside sources, anyone has?

Because if they have sources, they will mention them in their writing, even if unnamed. If you've got any of those national sports websites or Midwest regional newspapers that cite sources within the B12 that say if/when they expand, UCF is one of the frontrunners for a slot, by all means link them.

I know I am new around here, and don't want to make enemies, but I must have read about 10+ articles, national and regional, about Big 12 expansion and I noticed a few things.  Yes, UCF is favored, by the media over USF and not by a little.  75% of the articles have UCF as one of the two expansion teams. I would say that only 5-10% even mention USF and when they do, it is the Big 12 expanding with USF and UCF, not USF over UCF.  I could not find a single credible article that favored USF over UCF.  This is sad, but it is what it us.  I still think our market is the key, regardless of program results.  I am not sure how a logical person could read these articles any other way.

A sure way to make enemies is to misrepresent what was said when presenting an opposing side of an argument. ;)  I did not say those articles weren't pimpin UCF as one of the leaders for B12 expansion. My point is that those articles were just the opinions of the writers, with nothing credible ever presented that it represents the thought process of the B12 itself, which is what matters. They are the MEDIA darlings ... at least to some of the media anyway ... because of the pub their recent success on the football field generated. I've seen the media clowns be wrong enough times that I'd like to see some REAL evidence involving any new conference expansion before running in circles crying "The sky is falling!"

It's now rare to see USF mentioned in expansion articles, common to see UCF. And I don't mean on fan blogs but on national sports websites and Midwest regional newspapers.

And nobody's saying that USF IS being mentioned .... and the ones mentioning UCF on national sports websites and Midwest regional newspapers don't have any more insight, if any, into what the next expansion criteria will be than those fan blogs do.

Because if they have sources, they will mention them in their writing, even if unnamed. If you've got any of those national sports websites or Midwest regional newspapers that cite sources within the B12 that say if/when they expand, UCF is one of the frontrunners for a slot, by all means link them.

I know I am new around here, and don't want to make enemies, but I must have read about 10+ articles, national and regional, about Big 12 expansion and I noticed a few things.  Yes, UCF is favored, by the media over USF and not by a little.  75% of the articles have UCF as one of the two expansion teams. I would say that only 5-10% even mention USF and when they do, it is the Big 12 expanding with USF and UCF, not USF over UCF.  I could not find a single credible article that favored USF over UCF.  This is sad, but it is what it us.  I still think our market is the key, regardless of program results.  I am not sure how a logical person could read these articles any other way.

A sure way to make enemies is to misrepresent what was said when presenting an opposing side of an argument. ;)  I did not say those articles weren't pimpin UCF as one of the leaders for B12 expansion. My point is that those articles were just the opinions of the writers, with nothing credible ever presented that it represents the thought process of the B12 itself, which is what matters. They are the MEDIA darlings ... at least to some of the media anyway ... because of the pub their recent success on the football field generated. I've seen the media clowns be wrong enough times that I'd like to see some REAL evidence involving any new conference expansion before running in circles crying "The sky is falling!"

I was not responding to anyone in particular, just throwing out exactly what I read.  To your point about "credible" news.  I do not think that happens until after the invite comes.  For example, if USF gets an invite it will not be in the news, maybe it leaks hours, maybe a day before it happens.  I just wish USF was the one being talked about but like so many have said, winning fixes most things.  

I'm going to start my own webpage and list a bunch of articles listing USF as the leading target for expansion. Just think if we all did it we could flood the market with these stories and drive UCF fans crazy - kind of like fans on here are going.

Well, in this case, we would need to get Cincy or BYU fans to start writing articles about us being #1 and them being #2.  This is what concerns me about these articles, these are not UCF fans writing.  

I was not responding to anyone in particular, just throwing out exactly what I read.  To your point about "credible" news.  I do not think that happens until after the invite comes.  For example, if USF gets an invite it will not be in the news, maybe it leaks hours, maybe a day before it happens.  I just wish USF was the one being talked about but like so many have said, winning fixes most things.  

Normally when you Quote someone, you're responding to them .... but I understand now that it was more a generic response.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I love this, because it gets to the root of this concern about the Orlando school being ahead of us.

Over the next two months say 500 seemingly legitimate thought out articles popped up saying that we were the front runner... I guarantee some of these Midwest newspaper writers and random bloggers would read it and start mentioning us more as candidates.

Anyone whose job it is to speculate on expansion probably has absolutely no real connections or they would be writing real news instead of speculative puff pieces.

Thanks to this thread I started poking around, I wish I had not, this is depressing.  

http://cardiaccoogs.com/2015/07/09/espn-ready-to-support-houston-to-big-12-if-coog-fans-pack-tdecu-in-the-fall/

Just to be clear, both those came from the source ...