• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No matter what:

Big 12 > A12 < ACC

Yes, but B12 < ? > ACC

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

IF FSU goes SEC or B1G as suggested Miami still would get a Big 12 invite over USF or UCF, question is would Clemson, UL get one too?  I would say yes, but I see USF as 14 to have a second school in FL.  Big 12 wont stop at 12 unless its FSU, Miami, Clemson.

Why is USF/UCF being looked at, because in the grand scheme of things FOX is making a play at ESPN with PAC, Big 12 partnerships and ultimately B1G (Tier 1) and helping sending out B1G and SEC networks.  And FOX wants Florida.  USF has already made a pitch to the Big 12 in the past as well as UL, UConn and Cincy.  USF is a sleeping giant.

Why is USF/UCF and Cincy/UConn not getting paid by ESPN for their rights is because NBC did not want to pony up money without a GOR that nobody wanted to sign.  Sign it added $40 more mil a year.

USF/UCF added would require FOX to pay out another $112mil a year to Big 12, $6mil more per existing team ($60) and $52mil for USF/UCF, so no money is lost (with bowl game splits and value is added with conf. championship) does it I dont know.  Also divisions are a bit of an issue.

I honestly think the Big 12 has decided to hold up at 10 for a while now, since ND has now joined ACC for next year.  I think everyone stays and ACC& Big 12 is talking about scheduling an in season rivalry.  Basically meaning WVU would play UL, Pitt and VT every 3 years (1 a year) along with the 9 game conference schedule.

Imo, Big 12 is dead within 5 years , now that I believe ESPN has locked up ACC and will make the run at ND against NBC and let FOX deal with others and share.   

I see Texas going indepentent with ND to ACC on ESPN, Mizzou and KU going to B1G, SEC getting 3 in OU, WVU and either OSU(more probabable due to tied to OU)/Kst.

Then rest of Big12 heads out to the PAC 12 to either make PAC 16.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

IF FSU goes SEC or B1G as suggested Miami still would get a Big 12 invite over USF or UCF, question is would Clemson, UL get one too? I would say yes, but I see USF as 14 to have a second school in FL. Big 12 wont stop at 12 unless its FSU, Miami, Clemson.

Why is USF/UCF being looked at, because in the grand scheme of things FOX is making a play at ESPN with PAC, Big 12 partnerships and ultimately B1G (Tier 1) and helping sending out B1G and SEC networks. And FOX wants Florida. USF has already made a pitch to the Big 12 in the past as well as UL, UConn and Cincy. USF is a sleeping giant.

Why is USF/UCF and Cincy/UConn not getting paid by ESPN for their rights is because NBC did not want to pony up money without a GOR that nobody wanted to sign. Sign it added $40 more mil a year.

USF/UCF added would require FOX to pay out another $112mil a year to Big 12, $6mil more per existing team ($60) and $52mil for USF/UCF, so no money is lost (with bowl game splits and value is added with conf. championship) does it I dont know. Also divisions are a bit of an issue.

I honestly think the Big 12 has decided to hold up at 10 for a while now, since ND has now joined ACC for next year. I think everyone stays and ACC& Big 12 is talking about scheduling an in season rivalry. Basically meaning WVU would play UL, Pitt and VT every 3 years (1 a year) along with the 9 game conference schedule.

Imo, Big 12 is dead within 5 years , now that I believe ESPN has locked up ACC and will make the run at ND against NBC and let FOX deal with others and share.

I see Texas going indepentent with ND to ACC on ESPN, Mizzou and KU going to B1G, SEC getting 3 in OU, WVU and either OSU(more probabable due to tied to OU)/Kst.

Then rest of Big12 heads out to the PAC 12 to either make PAC 16.

The PAC-12 is adding Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech? Even without Oklahoma State much less Texas and Oklahoma?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The PAC12 wouldn't touch those schools without Texas and OU.  If they wanted the rest of the rabble, they'd have had them with TX and OU when they took Colorado.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

(1) When has Fox done anything that had you believing this? They just told the football side of the BE to piss off in favor of the Catholic 7.

(2) Is ESPN/Fox forward enough to pay the Big 12 $40 mil a year extra? You have to makeup lost TV revenue somewhere

(3) The Big 12 TV contract is a joint venture with FOX and ESPN. Technically they both have 1st tier rights for 15 years... So it wouldn't just be Fox here

(1) When has the BIg12 stated they would HAVE to pay USF and UCF a full share? I bet that you've seen nothing.

(2) See (1) USF and UCF maybe wouldn't get a full share, maybe they get more than they have now, but no where near $20M each. Both would probably jump at $10M. It's possible to restructure any deal to fit what they want.

(3) ESPN could raise thier amount to USF and UCF from $3M to $5M each, and Fox could cover the other $5M.

Nothing is set in stone!

I crossed the PAC-12 and Big 12 deals. My fault.

That being said, there are a lot more assumptions being made by some people to get USF and UCF to the Big 12. Rumors of our inclusion all are back alley message board rumors with zero legs.

I'd love it. I think USF should offer drastically less money to the Big 12 to get in. Push like hell.

Reality is reality though. Major media outlets have put out reports that fhe Big 12 has looked at UL, Cincy, and BYU and passed. They've tried to grab FSU, Clemson and Notre Dame. They haven't expanded, and have said they're content to sit at 10.

It's just not likely at this point, and won't be a possibility until the Maryland exit gets hammered out.

Should the ACC get raided, we'll be a prime candidate there. Conference expansion hasn't been about market size or potential. It's about what you can bring to the table, and now. The Big 12 added backwoods West freaking Virginia.

Again I'd love to be in the Big 12, that's just some people hoping for someone to rescue us from this demotion.

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

(1) When has Fox done anything that had you believing this? They just told the football side of the BE to piss off in favor of the Catholic 7.

(2) Is ESPN/Fox forward enough to pay the Big 12 $40 mil a year extra? You have to makeup lost TV revenue somewhere

(3) The Big 12 TV contract is a joint venture with FOX and ESPN. Technically they both have 1st tier rights for 15 years... So it wouldn't just be Fox here

(1) When has the BIg12 stated they would HAVE to pay USF and UCF a full share? I bet that you've seen nothing.

(2) See (1) USF and UCF maybe wouldn't get a full share, maybe they get more than they have now, but no where near $20M each. Both would probably jump at $10M. It's possible to restructure any deal to fit what they want.

(3) ESPN could raise thier amount to USF and UCF from $3M to $5M each, and Fox could cover the other $5M.

Nothing is set in stone!

That being said, there are a lot more assumptions being made by some people to get USF and UCF to the Big 12. Rumors of our inclusion all are back alley message board rumors with zero legs.

I'd love it. I think USF should offer drastically less money to the Big 12 to get in. Push like hell.

Reality is reality though. Major media outlets have put out reports that fhe Big 12 has looked at UL, Cincy, and BYU and passed. They've tried to grab FSU, Clemson and Notre Dame. They haven't expanded, and have said they're content to sit at 10.

It's just not likely at this point, and won't be a possibility until the Maryland exit gets hammered out.

Should the ACC get raided, we'll be a prime candidate there. Conference expansion hasn't been about market size or potential. It's about what you can bring to the table, and now. The Big 12 added backwoods West freaking Virginia.

Again I'd love to be in the Big 12, that's just some people hoping for someone to rescue us from this demotion.

And that backwoods W freaking Virginia brings better national TV numbers than USF and if a conference network would happen WV would bring in subscribers from the state of WV, Pittsburgh, DC Metro and the state of NJ.  Why because at 30k enrollment per year and only 1.4 mil people in the state, ALOT of alumni are shipped out of state or out of staters coming to WVU.  WVU out of state tuition and board is cheaper for a New Jersey student than Rutgers with boarding.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

The best scenario is for the expansion waters to settle for a couple of years, CWT bring a winner to Tampa which will support it and a foward thinking league without a FL presence to pick up the last besy available piece for their board.  If AAU membership becomes a closer reality it could be the B1G.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The best scenario is for the expansion waters to settle for a couple of years, CWT bring a winner to Tampa which will support it and a foward thinking league without a FL presence to pick up the last besy available piece for their board.  If AAU membership becomes a closer reality it could be the B1G.

FIFY.

I like the way you think - but we'd have to be accepted first. This would be the ultimate win in $$ terms, but just like the Bucs used to be (w/ GB, Det, Minn, Chi), we would be the odd-man out.

If the B1G also took UNC and GaTech, at least we'd have a couple of local rivals.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Nothing is set in stone!

I don't disagree with anything in this post. I just think that we all tend to speak in too many absolutes. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who "know" what's going on don't actually "know".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Question...how far away is USF from AAU status? What are we missing?