• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

What I took out of that article is their week OOC schedule. I'm pretty sure that we'd take a few 1 and 1's with them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Furthermore, I believe, if "forced" by the possibility of USF/UCF getting into the B12, naturally, the Noles will pull the trigger and jump ship, costs be damned.

I am not sure why many here think that if the Big 12 said "come or we invite USF/UCF" that this would have a big impact on FSU's thinking. I don't imagine FSU cares if USF/UCF join the Big 12 or not.

FSU seems to have the following desires: (1) join the SEC, but that isn't happening. (2) remain in the ACC, but bail to the Big 12 if the ACC collapses. USF and UCF do not impact on any of that.

I think the general consensus, at least from what I've seen elsewhere - and I agree with is that the B12's payout per team is generally accepted to be greater than the ACC's, isn't it?

Plus, if the B12 gets a CC game, given the "strength" of the conference compared to the ACC's, potentially I could see FSU on the outside looking in of the NCG.

FSU will not want to be leap-frogged in affiliation and payout by two 'lesser' programs in state, right? I absolutely believe if they think USF/UCF is going to get the invite, they will jump, regardless of the 'solidarity' of the ACC.

Edited by BaltoBull

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Is it me, but outside of Texas and Oklahoma, the Big 12 is a pretty average conference. I'm not sure that most of the other programs are all that much better than USF/Cincy/UConn/UCF etc.

It's not just you. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Is it me, but outside of Texas and Oklahoma, the Big 12 is a pretty average conference. I'm not sure that most of the other programs are all that much better than USF/Cincy/UConn/UCF etc.

It's not just you. 

It doesn't matter. 

Perception is everything. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What I took out of that article is their week OOC schedule. I'm pretty sure that we'd take a few 1 and 1's with them.

Garun-t'd sell outs

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

dont see usf connection to that article

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm very confident we will be in a better conference < 2 years

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

It's not just you. 

It doesn't matter. 

Perception is everything. 

And many think the ACC > BigXII. Many think the Texas And OU will leave the BigXII and that conference will die before the ACC doeswith some of it's members being absorbed by the ACC, and even a few think this will happen before the grant of rights expires. It really depends on what region of the country you are from I guess, but it seems on the Aggie board I visit a very popular opinion is that the Big XII is garbage and doesn't deserve a spot in the power 5 but for the presence of OU and Texas carrying the others. Not that I agree, but it is not an uncommon perception. USF and UCF won't change that. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's really interesting that everyone always says UF would block FSU from SEC membership and i would agree under the old lineups and scenarios. But consider this:

•  
  • FSU-UF already play, competitively UF loses nothing by letting FSU in.
  • Recruiting wont change.
  • Does UF really want the B12 to gain a stronger foothold in FL?
  • I think everyone would agree that FSU has a perfect football culture, academic programs and location for the SEC.
  • The hype would be huge and FSU might actually help by beating down some of UF's opponents.
  • Media rights and Tier 2 and 3 marketing would go through the roof.

It would be a bitter pill to swallow, but it might make tons of sense.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

It's really interesting that everyone always says UF would block FSU from SEC membership and i would agree under the old lineups and scenarios. But consider this:

• FSU-UF already play, competitively UF loses nothing by letting FSU in.
  • Recruiting wont change.
  • Does UF really want the B12 to gain a stronger foothold in FL?
  • I think everyone would agree that FSU has a perfect football culture, academic programs and location for the SEC.
  • The hype would be huge and FSU might actually help by beating down some of UF's opponents.
  • Media rights and Tier 2 and 3 marketing would go through the roof.

It would be a bitter pill to swallow, but it might make tons of sense.

I think FSU makes more sense for the SEC than the message board-favorite NCSU.