• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evaluating CJS Through His First 12 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Take this as you will, you're beginning to exhibit puc like tendencies ......:shade:

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I don't know about that, but I guess we can file it under the if you can't beat 'em join 'em category

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

pretty sure it's moth to a flame.  But I am on your side in this.  😁

I knew it didn't sound exactly right ..... I was going to say like flies to **** but that would have created an unneeded opening.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I knew it didn't sound exactly right ..... I was going to say like flies to **** but that would have created an unneeded opening.

Because CJS thus far has been 💩?

37 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why?  I'm not a CJL fan boy.   I should have thrown out a couldn't resist disclaimer.  That's my bad😁

Yeah, hope I didn't intimate that at all. Just meant taking a theme, the indecisiveness of the qb choice, and inserting it where it doesn't make any sense ...... which I did think you did a nice job of.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Triple B said:

Yeah, hope I didn't intimate that at all. Just meant taking a theme, the indecisiveness of the qb choice, and inserting it where it doesn't make any sense ...... which I did think you did a nice job of.

I thought I made a decent segue ... I will have to work on that.  

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because CJS thus far has been 💩?

eyeroll.gif.84fd0ddd553075600f00fe19ee579042.gif

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't know about that, but I guess we can file it under the if you can't beat 'em join 'em category

My position really isn’t that unreasonable and at least passes the giggle test. Just do some basic a/b testing in any situation with children from 4 years old to adults that are 90 years old not giving any names and see if they are more likely to agree with a coach that has lost all the games he was hired to win is doing a good or bad job 1.75 years into it. It’s pretty cut and dry and my only desire is for him to change it because I really can’t fathom the alternative. I think that’s the only reason people are lying to themselves about how they think he is doing because they are scared of what that means but really it just means he has to do better and it’s okay to have that expectation. The OP  said he under preformed but he gave him a B, that’s some cognizant disconnect. 

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I thought I made a decent segue ... I will have to work on that.  

I thought you did fine ...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My position really isn’t that unreasonable and at least passes the giggle test. Just do some basic a/b testing in any situation with children from 4 years old to adults that are 90 years old not giving any names and see if they are more likely to agree with a coach that has lost all the games he was hired to win is doing a good or bad job 1.75 years into it. It’s pretty cut and dry and my only desire is for him to change it because I really can’t fathom the alternative. I think that’s the only reason people are lying to themselves about how they think he is doing because they are scared of what that means but really it just means he has to do better and it’s okay to have that expectation. The OP  said he under preformed but he gave him a B, that’s some cognizant disconnect. 

No cognitive disconnect. You are hung up as wins as the only indication of the job he is doing. I am coming from a much more sophisticated and nuanced position that there is far more to judging CJS than simply wins and losses. I understand your myopic and simple approach to what is otherwise a much more varied and complex discussion. 

• Upvote 1