• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BIG EAST on Their KNEES PRAYING...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

Great Research Cubanbull!  How soon we all forget!

There is no way we won't be ranked if we win out.  I'm not discouraged by the fact that we did not get any votes this week.  We are 5-3 and just beat a pathetic Syracuse team.  We will get more votes next week after beating Cinci.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

WVU is going to be ranked pretty high coming into RJS, maybe Top 10 if they beat Pitt and a few teams ahead of them lose.

If USF is 7-3 and beats WVU, then they will be in the Top 25.

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

That I believe is the point, a team has to be in the top twelve to keep its conf. in the BCS.  NO way is USF going to make it into the top 12.  It did not happen last year and if it doesn't happen this year, it may be BYE BYE Big East.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  90

Although the conference champ, Pitt, did not finish in the top 12, Louisville's Top 10 finish from 2004 will count for the Big East.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Although the conference champ, Pitt, did not finish in the top 12, Louisville's Top 10 finish from 2004 will count for the Big East.

Bingo... and the finish in the top 12 thing isn't EVERY year... so the whole debate is useless.

BCS through 2007,

and probably long past that, unless by some miracle a playoff is created.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

don't kid yourself if usf make sbcs and has a bad showing there will be meetings  and discussions to somehow limit big easts  auot bid

now if usf wins bcs bowl game-big east is saved

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

The BE only has to have a champ average of 12 or lower (over a 4 yr period) to not have the possibility of getting the BCS autobid reviewed. If the BE or some other league (say the ACC) has an average of over 12, then the auto bid can be reviewed. But I bet my bottom dollar that if the TV networks are happy with that conferences ratings, then the auto bid won't be lost. Everybody in the media keeps forgetting that TV money is what is driving college football.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

The same cryings will happen if WV goes and gets blown away. Until a BE team goes in and wins their BCS Bowl you will here crap about it.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

The BE only has to have a champ average of 12 or lower (over a 4 yr period) to not have the possibility of getting the BCS autobid reviewed. If the BE or some other league (say the ACC) has an average of over 12, then the auto bid can be reviewed. But I bet my bottom dollar that if the TV networks are happy with that conferences ratings, then the auto bid won't be lost. Everybody in the media keeps forgetting that TV money is what is driving college football.

Kizarvexis

That I believe is the point, a team has to be in the top twelve to keep its conf. in the BCS.  NO way is USF going to make it into the top 12.  It did not happen last year and if it doesn't happen this year, it may be BYE BYE Big East.

I have been told that the BCS has changed or is going to change the rule so that they will look at the overall strength of the entire conference instead of a top-12 ranking over four years.  If that is the case, the BE will be fine with three top-25 teams.

8)

Guest S.  Bien
W.VA. beats USF, otherwise USF could become the 1st NON-RATED team this far into the season to go BCS.   Just think USF would have to jump W.Va. Louisville and many GOOD dead bodies to reach #12.  If this does happen, the SCRAP the BCS will be the name of the game.  Look at TCU, they are 9-1 and can't BUY a vote.

Look at TCU's record.  Call me when they beat a ranked team, and I mean a legit ranked team not that wannabe OK team.

The oddity is USF's schedule is more difficult than Pitt's 8-3 season last year by a long shot.  If we were to go 8-3 and to the Sugar we would have played 4 ranked teams, 7 bowl eligible teams, 2 BCS teams (one that could play for the national title still).  Our opponents could be a combined 72-42 if they all win the future games they're expected to win sans WVU v. USF.  Our SOS would finish in the top 10.  We may not crack the BCS top 15, but any reporter with some balls should/would let the world know that this isn't a typical 8-3 ball club, and they're not even close to the 8-3 Pitt program last year that only played four bowl teams, and one ranked opponent!