• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In game discussion: Bulls vs. Wofford (Dec 12) NOON EST TV: ESPNNEWS

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

We haven't barely beat or struggled against any of these "inferior" teams .... but Wofford is probably not in that same category so we may have a game on our hands although BJ Mack starting makes me wonder some

Umm we were losing to mighty FC by 4 at halftime until we came roaring back for an impressive 10 point win....I call that struggling.  We follow that up with ugly losses to I would say middle of the pack to good teams.

Nice win over FGCU.  As you said I did not watch the game against Stetson but the article I read is that we were really good in spurts but stretches of bad which means inconsistent.

Look its early and I do think this team will gel and get better as the season goes along.

But at this point does this look like the NIT/ NCAA bubble team that people were projecting?  I say no at least not yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Game on ESPN3 per gousfbulls.com

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They only played 7 players in their close lose to a ranked Richmond so that may be more out of necessity .... and he had a decent game, although fouling out.

They are normally a decent little program.  Match ups will matter

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

We haven't barely beat or struggled against any of these "inferior" teams .... but Wofford is probably not in that same category so we may have a game on our hands although BJ Mack starting makes me wonder some

I am glad we are are not playing LSU personally. I think this team still needed another game against a lower/similar level team to work on chemistry. LSU would have won big and then we got Cincy after that. This, in my opinion, was not a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am glad we are are not playing LSU personally. I think this team still needed another game against a lower/similar level team to work on chemistry. LSU would have won big and then we got Cincy after that. This, in my opinion, was not a bad thing. 

Agree.  They are not a pushover, but not SEC either.   

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

I think we will have our hands full with Wofford. I picked against them for that reason but I am still wanting them to win this game.

LSU would have been brutal.

I'm not convinced we are playing at a level that we were seeing 2 years ago-- but we could get there with some team work.

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Umm we were losing to mighty FC by 4 at halftime until we came roaring back for an impressive 10 point win....I call that struggling.  We follow that up with ugly losses to I would say middle of the pack to good teams.

Nice win over FGCU.  As you said I did not watch the game against Stetson but the article I read is that we were really good in spurts but stretches of bad which means inconsistent.

Look its early and I do think this team will gel and get better as the season goes along.

But at this point does this look like the NIT/ NCAA bubble team that people were projecting?  I say no at least not yet.

FC was a scrimmage game.  We played 11 guys significant minutes and we took care of business in the 2nd half.  Happens all the time in NCAA basketball ... you should watch a game, they can be quite entertaining

We dominated FGCU start to finish

We started slow against Stetson, happens, but then dominated for most of the game building up a 14 point lead at the half and a 20+ lead and like 17 or 18 with 4 min to go.  Again we played 11 guys and all but one played double digit minutes.  And again, try watching the game and not just the box score.

We're not ready to win March Madness and we struggled against the tougher competition, but we didn't struggle against the 3 bums on our schedule.

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

I think we will have our hands full with Wofford. I picked against them for that reason but I am still wanting them to win this game.

LSU would have been brutal.

I'm not convinced we are playing at a level that we were seeing 2 years ago-- but we could get there with some team work.

It took time to gel 2 years ago too

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

And I'm not convinced LSU is all that.  The only decent team they have played, they lost to as well

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

And I'm not convinced LSU is all that.  The only decent team they have played, they lost to as well

true--- but at this point we can just put them in the rear view and make the most of our battle with Wofford. I definitely feel this Wofford contest will help us prepare for the AAC schedule ahead more so than a tough loss to LSU might have done. I just want us to get our team going good enough to get a decent seed in the AAC tourney and a shot at some year end magic.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Bickering moved here ...

• Upvote 1