• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i detect dissatisfaction with coach scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ll make it even plainer for you, do you support the free elections of the president of the United States? And if so how do you justify that when no one is capable of knowing what it is like to be president or is aware of the inter-workings of the issues and the resulting decisions brought about by those factors and yet some way some how we still let everyone collectively decide on the fate of that office. I can assure you that being a college football coach isn’t quite as complex as you would like to imagine and ultimately you are defined by your wins and losses which are defined by the people you hire the plan you implement and the players you recruit. We do not know how the story will end and there is still time to change it but the first chapter is poor enough that most people would stop reading, I think it’s about time for CJS to at least write a decent paragraph. I get it you like CJS and you want him to be successful, we all do, but that does not change the facts of what he is doing and facts matter even if you would like to diminish them and excuse them away.  Head coaching decisions have consequences.

LMAO you are the best with comparing apple with oranges. The only problem is that it takes you two paragraphs to prove you have no knowledge about this team. When this guy produces you are going to be laughed at. Get ready to eat some serious crow. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

LMAO you are the best with comparing apple with oranges. The only problem is that it takes you two paragraphs to prove you have no knowledge about this team. When this guy produces you are going to be rode like whore by a sailor on a two day pass. Get ready to eat some serious crow. 

I’m pulling for him as much as anyone, my only bias against him is his accent, and I hope he can turn it around. I think the last game showed that this team has underperformed this season and that coaching decisions have landed us exactly where we are as much as anything. No one forced CJS to pick the lineups he made and no one forced him to make the coaching decisions that he made(including the coordinators he picked). I’m not typically a backup qb guy but I think some others were right and had Noah been starting we are in better shape than we started, our kicker shows promise, our RB rotation may have been off but if we change a few decisions we beat Memphis on the road which would stand to reason that we are pretty close talent wise to .500 team I believe that we are. I really don’t see how any of this is a hot take it’s simply calling the situation as it is actually playing out and being fair to all involved which I know is much more difficult than to vilify the departing coach and praise your newest savior.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please tell me this is a joke...I don’t want to be presumptuous...

We wouldn’t need to worry about the record if CJL was driving the bus.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please tell me this is a joke...I don’t want to be presumptuous...

Nobody who has been at USF since him has cared about this program one bit. We might as well bring back the one person who cared. As bad as we have been, you'd be crazy to reject this

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, WhoRUSF said:

Nobody who has been at USF since him has cared about this program one bit. We might as well bring back the one person who cared. As bad as we have been, you'd be crazy to reject this

CJL yesterday, today, and forever!

Just now, puc86 said:

I’m pulling for him as much as anyone, my only bias against him is his accent, and I hope he can turn it around. I think the last game showed that this team has underperformed this season and that coaching decisions have landed us exactly where we are as much as anything. No one forced CJS to pick the lineups he made and no one forced him to make the coaching decisions that he made(including the coordinators he picked). I’m not typically a backup qb guy but I think some others were right and had Noah been starting we are in better shape than we started, our kicker shows promise, our RB rotation may have been off but if we change a few decisions we beat Memphis on the road which would stand to reason that we are pretty close talent wise to .500 team I believe that we are. I really don’t see how any of this is a hot take it’s simply calling the situation as it is actually playing out and being fair to all involved which I know is much more difficult than to vilify the departing coach and praise your newest savior.

No you are not pulling for him. You are trying to have your cake and eat it to. By criticizing him this much (since the third game) its very apparent where you stand. If he fails you can say “well I told you early in when he was losing...” But if he wins you can say “I never said to actually fire him...” Total BS and slimy on your part and makes me question your loyalty to USF football. Yet at the same time you drop your lame hint about how there is one person could come in and do better which is completely irrelevant, redundant, and quiet frankly sad.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, lotsofbull99 said:

We wouldn’t need to worry about the record if CJL was driving the bus.

You have to appreciate the mental gymnastics it takes to convince yourself 1-9 is great and the only success we have ever realized is horrible. I mean sure CJL had to build a team from scratch and then compete against teams that had played for decades but that’s not as hard as coaching a team that has better rated recruits than their competition, and sure moving up a tier every recruiting class seems hard but it’s nowhere near on par with trying to compete against the same talent when CJL never once had to compete with Covid-19, and do you know how hard it is to implement a system that can advance the ball at all in a single season following the firing of a coach? Much harder than having your coordinators hired away for actually demonstrating success I can assure you. CJS is nice to all three members of the daily stampede when they are the only ones that show up for a press conference and if that’s not reason for hope I don’t know what is.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Yeah...but I still want to win...your statement said otherwise but I suspect you would not want an 0-12 Leavitt. 

Just now, puc86 said:

You have to appreciate the mental gymnastics it takes to convince yourself 1-9 is great and the only success we have ever realized is horrible. I mean sure CJL had to build a team from scratch and then compete against teams that had played for decades but that’s not as hard as coaching a team that has better rated recruits than their competition, and sure moving up a tier every recruiting class seems hard but it’s nowhere near on par with trying to compete against the same talent when CJL never once had to compete with Covid-19, and do you know how hard it is to implement a system that can advance the ball at all in a single season following the firing of a coach? Much harder than having your coordinators hired away for actually demonstrating success I can assure you. CJS is nice to all three members of the daily stampede when they are the only ones that show up for a press conference and if that’s not reason for hope I don’t know what is.

Such sad statement and shows your interest in USF football is nothing more than trolling while mixing in a few CJL points so that you can get the accolades from two or three others who dream of a past that is long gone. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah...but I still want to win...your statement said otherwise but I suspect you would not want an 0-12 Leavitt. 

That’s one less win, I do not want that