• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fans that stormed the field this week...

Guest guest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

If they go near the GP take the person down...but let us storm the field...

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

1.  Who cares what other schools did/done/will do?

2.  If we win the Big East in Dec at home, storming the field is ENTIRELY appropriate.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I can't believe you people are still defending the tactics used to keep people off the field.

Every single week we see more major colleges that rush the field after big wins. Every week you try and tell us it's "not a part of college football."

I'd have to agree with you. It apparently IS a part of college football......... a stupid, dangerous part of college football.

UVA's AD is one smart cookie.

I am relieved to know that injuries sustained by fans after the game ended were not life-threatening. It must be stated there is no role for fans who enter the field of play before, during, or after games. The field of play is for those people who, by virtue of their hard work, have earned the right to be on the field (the players, coaches, game officials, and game/event staff). It is our primary role to protect those who are supposed to be on the field. Equally important is our priority to provide a safe environment for fans to attend events; this priority is much more challenging, and in some cases impossible, when fans disregard the rules and attempt to go places they do not belong. When our fans overstep their role and attempt to enter the field of play, ensuring the safety of every player, coach, official, event staff representative, and fan is impossible.

http://www.virginia.edu/parentsaspartners/footballgamesafety.html

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I really don't care about storming the field either way (although I was right in the mix after our first win over Louisville). But riddle me this....the University is so concerned about the safety of its fans that it continues to serve alcoholic beverages at its sporting events. I don't have any statistics, but pure logic would leave me to the conclusion that more injuries/deaths have occurred in college sports because of excessive drinking than storming the field.

The only reason that colleges care.....$$$. Storming the field would be allowed if fans had to pay for a special "pass" in order to storm the field. If they tacked an extra $5 or $10 on to the price of the ticket for the right to go onto the field following a big win, storming the field would surely be allowed. Celebrating on the field with players following a SIGNFICANT/BIG win should be allowed....period. The senseless destruction of property (ie. Tearing down goal posts, flipping cars) is a serious crime and should be prevented or convicted. Please do not continue to confuse this hackneyed subject anymore than it already has been by linking storming the field with vandalism.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

I really don't care about storming the field either way (although I was right in the mix after our first win over Louisville). But riddle me this....the University is so concerned about the safety of its fans that it continues to serve alcoholic beverages at its sporting events. I don't have any statistics, but pure logic would leave me to the conclusion that more injuries/deaths have occurred in college sports because of excessive drinking than storming the field.

The only reason that colleges care.....$$$. Storming the field would be allowed if fans had to pay for a special "pass" in order to storm the field. If they tacked an extra $5 or $10 on to the price of the ticket for the right to go onto the field following a big win, storming the field would surely be allowed. Celebrating on the field with players following a SIGNFICANT/BIG win should be allowed....period. The senseless destruction of property (ie. Tearing down goal posts, flipping cars) is a serious crime and should be prevented or convicted. Please do not continue to confuse this hackneyed subject anymore than it already has been by linking storming the field with vandalism.  

Yeah...what he said.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Kansas -- First win against Nebraska in 36 games.

Arizona -  Win over #7 UCLA.

Not that anyone in college football does this .....  ::)

How about the other few hundred programs in I-A, I-AA,  and down the road that DIDNT storm the field last week?