• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great win, and now here are my complaints

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Here's an idea - Although it may not be to your particular taste, it IS possible to discuss some of the areas we need improvement along with the things we did well and still be considered a USF fan.  

THe Yankees are probably the most storied franchise in any sport in this country.  Listen to NYC sports talk shows and see if nobody ever complains, even when they are winning back to back world series'.  As a matter of fact go to the Chisox board right now and see if NOBODY is complaining.   If the fanbase of these teams has it's comlaints you don't think this fanbase will as well?  

You are talking to a diehard Yankee fan. I grew up in the northeast and still have that cynical, glass is half empty, or the glass is broken kind of mentality.  Mike & bien think I am too negative too :)

IMO....these are young kids, and yes there is a whole lot of improvement that needs to be done. However, at least for today let's just relish the fact that we actually got to play football and oh btw......WE WON.

I'll gladly chime in on Monday with the negatives....and there were a few to go around.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

just not on THIS thread

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

fine--- just don't bother doing it on THIS thread

THIS THREAD is about the positives.

SOMEONE needs to point out the POSITIVES of the game instead of glossing over them as if they are GIVENS.

I want to rejoice in my team on occasion-- you do it your way. I don't care what  you do-- just stay off this thread unless you have something POSITIVE to say. We have a bout 80 billion negative threads and I'm sick of them-- ESPECIALLY AFTER A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i liked the green pants they wore, i thought andre hall was good, the o-line did a good job, its good to see receivers catch a freaking ball, i liked their sideline celebrations.... ok, i'm done

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

Good for you Mike!  I had thought the same thing.  We left for dinner before I could post a new thread talking about the positives!!!  YEA BULLS!!!!!  I thought it was a great game and a much needed win....not only for the team, but for my own sanity!!!  Mutt was driving me nuts these past few weeks!  I'm so pumped!! ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

The game wasn't pretty at all for rutgers.  But this win did a number of good things for us: proved we can win on the road, proved that if our playcalling is decent, we can run it, and proved our old form defense that loves causing turnovers is back.

With or without someone that can throw back there, its a big win.  Besides, it looks like julmiste CAN pitch it :).

This was PJs most solid performance this season imo

He threw well and made good decisons most of the time. Most of his passes were right on the money and if not, they were not badly thrown to the point of getting into the enemies hands.

I also liked his spirit this game-- I knew he was a leader but I think I saw that more so in this game than ever before.

Andre really worked hard for his yards today. Rutgers defense is stout, especially on the runs up the middle. Man he took some punishment there. But you have to run those up the gut to keep the defense boxed up sometimes.

The play calling got the job done. I think RS was told to throttle back a little in the second half and work the clock on offense. But you could argue that the clock was run out with us on top. It must be hard to motivate players when you have a large lead (21-0, 28-7, 31-14, 37-21, 45-31) the entire game.

Jackie Chambers ran hard on the returns today.

Gotta love the job on defense today-- some one pick it up there.

PS-- I'll give props to Rutgers. They fought hard today when a lot of teams would have packed it up. Their fans mentioned that in the past they would have done that.

Kudos to Leavitt for going for 2 points on the last TD to ensure we didn't have to worry about two TDs and extra points at the end beating us but forcing OT instead. The Rutgers fans didn't seem to like it but I think the more knowledgeable fans understood the reasoning behind it. It was more about respect for Rutgers ability to come back than it was to rub it in their face..

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

It looks like Ponton is really doing well under the mentoring of Hall.  You can definately see some Andre'-esque moves that have given him that extra dimension.

Our win on the road erases that 'can't win on the road' stigma and the 'long layoff is bad' proved to be wrong.

We now have have momentum going into the last 4 games of the regular season!

Go Bulls!