• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ca Hill 2nd string?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

In today's Trib:

DENSON STILL IN QB MIX: Despite sophomore Courtney Denson seeing playing time at receiver against Rutgers, the move will not be permanent.

"He works at quarterback, also," Leavitt said. "We did play him at receiver last game, but we don't exclusively use him at receiver in practice. We use him at both places. He's a pretty good athlete so we like to get him on the field if we can."

Denson, who began the season as USF's No.1 quarterback, didn't have a catch Saturday. In limited action at quarterback this season, Denson has completed six of 19 attempts for 69 yards, two interceptions and one TD.

Freshman Carlton Hill, who moved up to No. 2 behind Pat Julmiste, also has seen action at both positions. For the season, Hill has three catches for 19 yards and threw an incompletion on his only pass attempt.

Gregg Becnel

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

we better play him...i just completed my second year of dynasty on ncaa06 ps2 and cuz Denson was my starter Hill decided to transfer to FAU to be able to play. :'(

Hopefully we are VERY strong at 'cuse and we see him with atleast with 2 series ... of SUCCESS !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

why would he sit on the usf bench?

I thought auburn wanted him at corner...why not play him there?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

we better play him...i just completed my second year of dynasty on ncaa06 ps2 and cuz Denson was my starter Hill decided to transfer to FAU to be able to play. :'(

That's your fault.  If you blew out more opponents, you could have done mass 2nd team subs  ;).

I thought auburn wanted him at corner...why not play him there?

I say at RB ... would be more productive ... the guy has great speed!

And RB is more of a NEED position !

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

I disagree with moving Denson to running back.  Ponton and Simpson will be just fine next year.

Plus...making a move to running back from historically playing QB or WR is a very hard move to make.  Of course Bush at UL did it but that guy is a freak.  

I think Denson has the athetic ability to be a good WR.  He may get reps at both WR and defensive back.  I don't think it would be in his best interest to even think about transferring again as a sophmore.  From what I have heard he is a pretty stand up guy and would prefer to help out the team anyway that he can.

We have to remember that when he came out of high school he was a very highly rated "athlete" or "duel threat QB".  I'm sure his ego was hurt when Auburn told him that he would have to move to DB.  I think with him maturing, he probably know realizes that he better do whatever he can to just get on the field and contribute.

I'd really like to see Hill get some reps at QB...heck, give him at least one series a game.  A lot of teams do that and it will only put us in a better position if Julmiste goes down.

I disagree with moving Denson to running back.  Ponton and Simpson will be just fine next year.

I don't feel good with only 2 RB's ... watching CD run, he has instincts and speed.

I would 4get corner ... time to learn our system.

Hope he is open to a position move and would let him decide ... just want this guy on the field ... VERY talented.

I'd really like to see Hill get some reps at QB...heck, give him at least one series a game.  ...

Agree 100% with this !

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

One thing about PJ is he's  very tough kid, rarely if never injured (knock wood...).  If PJ were to go down at this point we have NOONE who would be a competent backup.  To me that speaks volumes about the knowledge of the QB position on this coaching staff.  

3 QB's on the current roster and PJ is the only one remotely prepared ( being kind)  to be starter.  We are really dropping the ball with Hill IMO.