• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ND will play 3 Big East team's each yr

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

IF they do play us, I would put all earning I make over the next 15 years on it NOT being a Home game for us...

Why not? ND is on record saying they want to play every so often in Florida. They kill 2 birds with one stone playing USF to fulfill the Big East game.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Well they WONT play Miami or Florida. So that really leaves FSU and USF. The Big East tie should help out USF. As well as the fact that theyll perceive it as an easier match up than FSU. Plus they could get a lot more ND fans at RJS than at Doak.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Wonder if these 3 games will be 1-1 series  ??? we'll see when the contracts are "signed".

HATE Notre Dame !  >:(

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Guys, you are dillusional if you believe ND will come into RJS to play US in the next 15 years. This is ND, they can play anyone anywhere and sellout in 5 mins.

They said last year that they are easing up on their schedule and with the 12th game they have said they hope to maintain 7-8 home games a year.

The games they have played on the road are those that are against "established programs" that ND has deemed worthy and historic enough to travel to. If they played a young program like ours on the road their boosters would go CRAZY. Too much money in that program to not listen to them.

They play Nevada at home in 2009 and their boosters went batty over the fact that is was not a "traditional" program when added to the schedule...

I forsee the contract playing out to being a Pitt and Syracuse deal rotating home games, with the remaining teams having to travel to South Bend to play the Irish.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

They have stated that they would like a game in Florida. Do you really think theyll be afraid to come to RJS and play USF with half the staium being Irish fans?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Not scared...they just won't make any money. We're not paying them what BYU paid them in 2004 to come to Provo and we're not going to let this be a home game.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just being realistic.

Guest S.  Bien
Major difference S. Bein...Rutgers was played at teh Meadlands and Temple at the Vet (when Temple was playing at Penn). We play at the major stadiuma round here...

Uhhhh, what's a major difference?  Our stadium we play in is an NFL stadium as well.

When they played Temple at the Vet it was when Temple was averaging around 25k fans a game.  They had 65k for Notre Dame.

Don't tell me I am delusional Joe, I've got family that are Notre Dame alum.  ND's visit to Provo was part of a home and home series- you know that Notre Dame signs no other type of contract.  HOWEVER, Notre Dame dictates terms- and I've explained this to others on thsi board before.  ND demands a much larger concession for tickets, ND demands the opposition to pay for their travels, and they want the decision on television, and time of the game.

It's in it for all their road contracts sans there few more annualized series with schools like Pitt, USC, Mich, Purdue, and Stanford.

Notre Dame would entertain visiting USF, it's not out of the question.  The only question, is whether USF could live with the conditions.  Considering the impact a Notre Dame game has on a community and conference I would bet you any amount of money that Tranghese and the Big East would force USF to accept the terms, and quite possibly compensate them for it.

HOWEVER, the biggest issue isn't whether Notre Dame WOULD visit here, it is more WHY.  Not because there is no residual value, but moreso because every team is clamoring for a game against Notre Dame, that includes all 7 other Big East opponents.   USF would either need to suddenly be a priority to visit on ND's part, or USF would need to concession themselves to death to get them to visit (and as Joe said the price for them to visit would probably be to costly for us).

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Notre Dame would entertain visiting USF

This might be true but IMO USF would be last or next to last on the BE list of teams Notre Dame would entertain signing a 1 n 1 deal with.  We have no tradition and the only thing we have to offer ND is a game in FL in a nice stadium.  Everything else is downside for ND playing USF in ND's world.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Lack of money for payout is a big problem too.  A big name like Notre Dame requires big bucks.  The 200k USF and UCF are trading each other for the 2 games isn't going to cut it.