• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What should be done to make USF feel like a UF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

What should be done to make athletics big at USF?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Win

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Need more cowbell and seriously...more $$$. The budget drives the program.  More $$ allows USF to recruit out of state players.  Tuition for out of state players is the same as it for out of state traditional students....3x the cost for in-state.  Get off your wallet!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

What should be done to make athletics big at USF?

Time%20-%20Jan%2017%202005.jpg

&

Guns-N-Roses-Patience--tattoo-190079.jpg

....and of course a lots more of this:

wheaties_cowbell.jpg

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

Why do we want to be more like UF?

No offense to anyone but, every school needs to be its own thing.  I don't want to be compared to a Gator or a Nole - - I have three Bull license plates and a whole other boatload of USF stuff.

We are making some tradition here, that takes a bit of time.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

Donate until hurts. Money makes the world go round. That is seriously why we are behind UF and UCF is behind us.

You don't have to give thousands, there alot of donor levels out there. Get in touch with Soncrant he will give the facts on it.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

NOTHING should be done, why would you strive to be a piece of **** instituion like that. Why would you want ugly colors like blue & orange, or have a bunch of jerks on your campus like that school. I'll never understand how they even call themselves a University. The topic should change to what should be done to USF to Destroy UF in football in 08 & 09 and every other sport along the way. As for football a new offensive coordinator and new quarterback might be a start.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I'll tell you what would help.

This year, USF is considering forcing EVERY freshman First-Time-In-College Student to live on campus for the coming year. Why? Because they have finally raised the prices so high that they didn't have a waiting list for students wanting to live on campus, and they had to shut down one of the dorms completely.

The on-campus atmosphere is a HUGE part of what has made the last few years at USF appear more and more like a traditional undergraduate college with lots of school spirit. Of course, having a football team and being in the Big East helps a lot, with the new logo, etc. But the on-campus residencies really make people feel tied to the university.

And I can guarantee you this... if people are forced to pay such outrageous prices, things will only go downhill for at least a few years. It shuts people off from wanting to participate. I absolutely encourage living on campus for a year or two, it really helps with making friends and getting to know the university. But forcing such financial difficulty is absolutely ludicrous.

Give Tom Kane, Director of Residence Services a call, and let him know that we want USF to be spirited like UF, but not uncaring and cold to students' needs as UF now has a tendency to be characterized.