• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stole this from Rutgers Board

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Yep...3-2 to be eligible...but that doesn't guarantee selection. :-X

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

"Teams highlighted in green must win 7 games to be bowl eligible"

I was confused by this and then realized that all of those teams have 12 games this year.  How does that work?  Are you allowed to play a 12th game if your school doesn't have a conference championship game?  But then, why did you guys and other BE teams play 11?  

Also couldn't a team bank on not making it to their conference championship game and instead take the extra payday?

Or am I just completely misunderstanding something.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I was confused by this and then realized that all of those teams have 12 games this year.  How does that work?  Are you allowed to play a 12th game if your school doesn't have a conference championship game?  But then, why did you guys and other BE teams play 11?  

Also couldn't a team bank on not making it to their conference championship game and instead take the extra payday?

I do know there is a rule for teams that play @ hawaii to play an extra game, and also for hawaii itself.  Maybe those are related to that.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  154

I hope CJL and the boys decide to treat this game as sort of a "brand new" season...it pretty much is practically because we have had so many weeks off in between this game.  I don't like to look ahead but we are definetly set up in a great postition if we win this week with two teams that are struggling this season in Syracuse and Cincinnati but as I said lets not jump the gun and let's go out and beat the Scarlett Knights this weekend!!!  GO BULLS!!!  And a Happy Halloween to all!!!   :)

From the NCAA Division I Manual:

30.10  -- In order for an institution, or an institution located in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands that has a sport classified in Division I (in sports other than basketball), to exempt specified contests from its maximum number of contests within Bylaw 17, or in the sport of basketball, to count such competition as a single contest, the contests shall be certified annually by the Championships/Competition Cabinet as meeting the following conditions. ... (Adopted: 1/9/96 effective 8/1/96; Revised: 10/27/98, 11/1/00)

This allows Hawaii to exempt its home games from the maximum number allowed (11)... so the teams that play in Hawaii can schedule a 12th game: Southern Cal, Boise St, New Mexico St, Fresno St, Utah St, Wisconsin, & San Diego St.  (Only Utah State did not schedule a 12th game).

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i see a buzz saw in usf's future

though a rutgers letdown is a real possibility but i don't know if usf has the guns to capitalize

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

It's on the road.  Facing a good team on the road could be a disaster....or the team could wake up.

Guest knightfan80

I am confused.  i thought a team needed 6 D1 wins to be bowl eligible.  How does 3-2 get USF eligible.  Isnt FAMU 1AA?  If so, you only have 2 D1 wins.  What am I missing??

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

3-2 is what we have to go the rest of the year to become eligible.  Those #'s are not our current record, just our needs.