• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers new ap darlings...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Just looked at new ap rankings:  WVU #18 (if they run table they will be top 12 team when we play them),   Lville #26 (If they run the table they should be top 18 team, Rutgers is now getting vote and #35 (If they beat Navy next week maybe top 30?) this december 3rd could be fun.. (IF WE CAN WIN ON THE ROAD.... HUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEE IF!....)

Guest S.  Bien

On a positive, at least respect is being given to the Big East somewhat.

I don't care how anyone wants to slice it, WVU beat the crap out of Maryland, and were with Vtech to the end.  They're a legit top 20 team, providing VPI is as good as others are saying- which they seem to be.

For the sake of this program we need to win our next four straight ball games and go 7-3 into WVU.  We should be knocking out Rutger's as the third place darling.  If we can go into Dec. 3rd at 7-3, and play WVU tight, but possibly lose, then that's probably the best scenario for the conference.  WVU could be walking into a bowl at 10-1, and legit top 11 team.  

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

the way we have played on the road it is hard/impossible to imagine we can win 3 conference games in a row on the road.

we need to take it one game at a time and see what happens.

As of right now it's hard to imagine we can beat Rutgers in NJ....They are better than Pitt....lets see what kind of game plan we come with after 2 weeks.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

I hope we win one game on the road.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

On a positive, at least respect is being given to the Big East somewhat.

I don't care how anyone wants to slice it, WVU beat the crap out of Maryland, and were with Vtech to the end.  They're a legit top 20 team, providing VPI is as good as others are saying- which they seem to be.

For the sake of this program we need to win our next four straight ball games and go 7-3 into WVU.  We should be knocking out Rutger's as the third place darling.  If we can go into Dec. 3rd at 7-3, and play WVU tight, but possibly lose, then that's probably the best scenario for the conference.  WVU could be walking into a bowl at 10-1, and legit top 11 team.  

I agree with you SBien, but sadly I don't see it.  The road worries me with this team.  Even if they could get the offense to some level of competence, they always screw something up on the road.  

They need near perfect performances 4 games in a row.  I look back to too many stretches with this program (hoops and football) where it all needed to come together for a stretch and it didn't.  I see them winning Cincy, 1 of 3 on the road and dropping WVU.

Final record -- 5 - 6.  No bowl.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with you SBien, but sadly I don't see it.  The road worries me with this team.  Even if they could get the offense to some level of competence, they always screw something up on the road.  

They need near perfect performances 4 games in a row.  I look back to too many stretches with this program (hoops and football) where it all needed to come together for a stretch and it didn't.  I see them winning Cincy, 1 of 3 on the road and dropping WVU.

Even men's soccer which had been having their way with the Big East, lost three nothing to Rutgers. Road games for most programs, not just USF are an iffy proposition at best.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i hope we don't get embarrassed

a win is not a possibilty

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

The road will destroy us!

Guest S.  Bien

I agree.  Until proven otherwise it seems that will be the case.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330

I agree.  Until proven otherwise it seems that will be the case.

Me too, but I think the final will be 4-7. 'Cuse is building up to win. And we are bringing the L.

My heart hopes we win all, but brain says otherwise.

Anyway

GO BULLS!!