• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the new scoreboards be in...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The scoreboards on the corners will have video, that is good enough of an improvement.  If there were a center scoreboard, and good attendance, the scoreboard would have been so low that it would make some seats have a difficult view.

I'll take the side ones and be happy.  Its such a big improvement.  

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Gaineville has one, and they have the same roof structure that we do.

Oh well, I guess all we can do is dream.

I don't think UF has one.  I thought they installed 2 corner boards (with video, etc.) about 5 years ago.  Have they recently hung one in the middle?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think UF has one.  I thought they installed 2 corner boards (with video, etc.) about 5 years ago.  

You are correct, sir. I guess our laughingstock team will  have similar scoreboards to the Gators ....

oconnbaskm.jpg

Another $2.5 million project upgraded concessions, restrooms and entrance ways in the summer of 1999, while a pair of state-of-the-art Daktronics Scoreboards were installed in the fall of 1999.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I attended a game in the OConnor Center about 5-6 years ago, that might have been before the new roof was put in (same one USF has.) But they did have a center scoreboard back then. Oh well, it would have been nice to have a good scoreboard, but what's the point when you only get 1000 peopel showing up for games.  :-/

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I attended a game in the OConnor Center about 5-6 years ago,

Well, there's your problem. You were at the wrong place.

Oh well, it would have been nice to have a good scoreboard, but what's the point when you only get 1000 peopel showing up for games.  :-/

I think we are getting good scoreboards. If they're good enough for the fabulously wealthy Gaytors they should be good enough for us .....

Guest BigEastBearcat

You guys will love the new scoreboards, they will be better then UF's  UC just installed a brand new one in Nippert, Fifth Third, and the old one from Nippert was installed at the UC Baseball Stadium.  They will be a lot better then what you guys had in the past, clear images, cool graphics, and more.   Plus the stat boards are really neat.           We have those in 5/3 Arena too.  Can't wait to see the improved SUnDome.

you'll see much more than 1000 showing up for games.  The big east coming in adds a lot of excitement that wasn't present very often in the past, with the exception of LVille, Cincy, and Memphis, and 2 of those 3 will be regulars still.

I can't wait!  

The lower level is sold out.  The student bulls club is/has done a fabulous job.  

The big east teams will all bring a bunch of fans with them.

Mac will have our players playing good up-tempo team ball.  

We have a bit more size than the last couple years, but we will still be a guard oriented offense.  It'll be a very tough year... but mac has proven he knows how to coach and do it against good competition.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

The lower level is sold out.

Great, but is there a plan to get the donors in E1 and P1 to actually show up this year?

That is called the big east... the donors in those levels have shown up to the big name games, just not to the tcu's, ecu's, and houston's of the world.

And if they don't show up... so what, i'm more concerned about filling the seats that AREN'T paid for already.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Yo yo yo  Velcro,  you going to the same games I was.  The section next to the students was never filled up and was emarrasing most of the time.  The only way we are getting good attendance figures is when we have a good team.  Yes we will get an extra thousand for high profile games and the one game a year when the Geeks, err Greeks show up but otherwise expect our abissmal attendance to continue.  I was hoping the scoreboards wouldn't work at all this year.  It would make the beatings easier to take.  Get them up next year when we have a more competitive team.