• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the game OFFICIALLY rescheduled?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure we'll here some sort of BS rhetoric...."we're trying to keep everyone safe.....after Katrina and Rita....keeping everyone's best interests in mind"  BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  Fact is they made a hasty decision and will come up with plenty of reasons why they can't just reverse the decision and play on Saturday.  

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it truly is cancelled I am pissed. Why do we have to jump the gun on stuff? Now the storm has stalled out by Cancun and not even supposed to hit Naples until Monday night, 2 frieking days AFTER gametime. What a waste.

The National Hurricane Center forecast still has the storm over the Palm Beach area at 1:00 AM on Monday.

Bear in mind that this storm has been unpredictable.  The spaghetti models still range from Cuba to Crystal River (at least that is what I saw on TV at 6:30 this morning).  That much uncertainty makes it better to be safe than sorry.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I'll answer my own question... apparently, yes, per the St Pete Times.

Since the weather is going to be beautiful Saturday night, let's "storm the field" at the Ray Jay anyway ;D

Leave it to the brain trust to make a hasty decision >:( ...freakin' morons....

and yesterday all anyone could do is complain how we were the last ones in the state not making a decision and that we always take too long.  ::)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

and yesterday all anyone could do is complain how we were the last ones in the state not making a decision and that we always take too long.  ::)

Not I says the fly. I was all for waiting until the last possible minute to make a decision to cancel or not. I have no problem with them cancelling on Thurs afternoon or Fri morning IF the projection still puts us in danger. Why did they have to make the decision last night?

The National Hurricane Center forecast still has the storm over the Palm Beach area at 1:00 AM on Monday.

Bear in mind that this storm has been unpredictable.  The spaghetti models still range from Cuba to Crystal River (at least that is what I saw on TV at 6:30 this morning).  That much uncertainty makes it better to be safe than sorry.

I think the bigger issue is the timing of the storm.  If it is still swirling out in the Gulf on Saturday, we should be playing.  The forward progress of the storm has obviously slowed considerably.  I'm all for keeping everyone safe and not putting anything in jeopardy, but it is looking like they dropped the ball on this one.

I think the bigger issue is the timing of the storm.  If it is still swirling out in the Gulf on Saturday, we should be playing.  The forward progress of the storm has obviously slowed considerably.  I'm all for keeping everyone safe and not putting anything in jeopardy, but it is looking like they dropped the ball on this one.

The problem isn't what is happening at 7:00pm on Saturday... but later that night when WVU needs to leave...

or even... how many local fans would come to a USF game if the storm is heading for Tampa Bay -- we might all board up early and then come to the game... but most of Tampa won't...

While it seems more and more unlikely, if the track shifted north, so that it came in at Tampa, then people here would need to be preparing for the storm, not tailgating and watching football.

Great.  However, the storm is still predicted to be well in the Gulf at 2pm on SUNDAY.  No problems for WVU getting out of town.  We all know that these things are very unpredictable.  IMO, they just made their decision way too fast.  Have fun in the sun this weekend.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Great.  However, the storm is still predicted to be well in the Gulf at 2pm on SUNDAY.  No problems for WVU getting out of town.  We all know that these things are very unpredictable.  IMO, they just made their decision way too fast.  Have fun in the sun this weekend.

Always err on the side of caution ....

The eye of the storm will be well out into the Gulf. You've lived here long enough to know that hurricanes are large animals.

We will start to see rain bands from this sometime tomorrow... and if the track shifts further north AND accelerates, what happens then??

The eye of the storm will be well out into the Gulf. You've lived here long enough to know that hurricanes are large animals.

We will start to see rain bands from this sometime tomorrow... and if the track shifts further north AND accelerates, what happens then??

Point taken.  I've been here for 25 years, so I've seen my fair share of storms.  I guess I just wish they would have waited until today to review the situation.  Why cancel so far in advance with so many variables?  I know that this is being simplistic, but it's not really all that difficult for WVU to not get on the plane tomorrow.