• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Golden Opportunity

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

USF blew a golden opportunity in grabbing a share of the Big East title on Saturday.  Granted we have some games left.  But, if you win at Pitt, everything else sets up for you, especially by beating WVU in Tampa (home game).  Now it appears we're going to miss out on going bowling unless we figure out how to win on the road when there is no QB to lead the team.

I've been saying it since Blackwell left, if USF had a QB we'd be dangerous.  It appears this year is going to be the same.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just wondering what it's going to take to get a QB?  I thought we had that problem finally solved with Denson, Hill & Grothe, but you have to think if any one of them were good, they'd be playing by now?

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i really believe between Grothe, Gregory and Hill.... we will be in a much better situation next year than this year.  I watched Grothe play several games in high school and he can actually throw the ball.  Something about Gregory just makes me think he will be at least a solid backup, not sure why though

Maybe, but we need Grothe now.  Chris Leak started midway through his true freshman season didn't he?  Bring Grothe on and lets get him up to speed.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

im still not sold on burning his redshirt year for the last few games

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I agree with rockytop.  Its not worth burnig a red shirt fo a few games.  Next year he will be beter prepared to lead the team.  I definitly think the Pat is not the quarterback of the future but I do think he can get us to a bowl with the schedule ahead of us.  

II definitly think the Pat is not the quarterback of the future

Problem is, we've been saying this for 3 years now.  One more year and he definitely won't be.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Why do you guys blame this on PJ? We've known for sometime that he can't and shouldn't be expected to carry this team. How come our coaches don't know this?

They are the ones to blame.We have a top ten RB in the nation who averaged over 4.0 yards per carry in this game. Why did the coaches panic and throw the ball 37 times? We weren't out of this game when they decided to start slinging it.

Look at WV. They run the same offense and were getting it handed to them by UofL. They seemed to be in much more dire straights and yet they still stuck to their strength (running the ball). Did they panic? No. They continued to run the ball and got right back in it.

Lay off of PJ. He would do fine if the coaches realized our strength is in running the **** ball. Enough of the "we need a heisman QB in order to be successful" crap. A power running game and a stout D is all you need. Don't start the desperation passing unless we are down by 4 TDs with 6 minutes to play!!

Whose fault??

PJ 35 pass attempts

AHall 19 carries

WV QB 27 pass attempts

WV RB 31 carries

By the way their RB is a freshman. NOT A TOP TEN RB IN THE COUNTRY and yet their coaches have a clue who needs to touch the ball!! And their QBs had a lower completion percentage, less yards and the same amount of TDs and INTs as Pat and yet they still won and are now 6-1. Our coaches need to get a clue.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330

Why do you guys blame this on PJ? We've known for sometime that he can't and shouldn't be expected to carry this team. How come our coaches don't know this?

They are the ones to blame.We have a top ten RB in the nation who averaged over 4.0 yards per carry in this game. Why did the coaches panic and throw the ball 37 times? We weren't out of this game when they decided to start slinging it.

Look at WV. They run the same offense and were getting it handed to them by UofL. They seemed to be in much more dire straights and yet they still stuck to their strength (running the ball). Did they panic? No. They continued to run the ball and got right back in it.

Lay off of PJ. He would do fine if the coaches realized our strength is in running the **** ball. Enough of the "we need a heisman QB in order to be successful" crap. A power running game and a stout D is all you need. Don't start the desperation passing unless we are down by 4 TDs with 6 minutes to play!!

Whose fault??

PJ 35 pass attempts

AHall 19 carries

WV QB 27 pass attempts

WV RB 31 carries

By the way their RB is a freshman. NOT A TOP TEN RB IN THE COUNTRY and yet their coaches have a clue who needs to touch the ball!! And their QBs had a lower completion percentage, less yards and the same amount of TDs and INTs as Pat and yet they still won and are now 6-1. Our coaches need to get a clue.

Finally, thats it in a nutshell..  couldn't have said it better. If a run offense you have.. run it and keep running it. find ways to block those 8 guys in the box and play some smash mouth football. And tear those gimmick plays out of the playbook and use them to light a fire under the OC's butt to get him clued in.

im still not sold on burning his redshirt year for the last few games

I don't necessarily disagree, but one has to also wonder why we burned a redshirt year for Carlton Hill?  It's not like he has been a factor for us.