• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Emmanuel Okpomo C, 6-10/220

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

he will be able to play immediatly since he never actually was on campus

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,557
  • Days Won:  423

16 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

he will be able to play immediatly since he never actually was on campus

Not according to nationalletter.org if I'm reading that correctly....

If I get an NLI and get a complete release, can I sign another NLI in the same signing year?

No. NLI policy states a prospective student-athlete is only permitted to sign one valid NLI in an academic year. Therefore, if you sign an NLI during the early period and get a complete release by the institution or one of the NLI committees before the spring signing period ends, you are not permitted to sign a second NLI in the spring. You must wait until the next academic year to sign another NLI if you have not enrolled already at a four-year institution..

did he ever enroll here though?

I don't think he did

1 hour ago, bcgruber said:

did he ever enroll here though?

I don't think he did

If I'm reading that page correctly, enrolling isn't the key, signing the NLI is. If a player could sign an NLI but still basically shop around until they enrolled could be chaos ....

I'm agree but if both parties come to an agreement and he never actually enrolled at the school.  I could see how that would be allowed to sign elsewhere and play imediatly

2 hours ago, bcgruber said:

I'm agree but if both parties come to an agreement and he never actually enrolled at the school.  I could see how that would be allowed to sign elsewhere and play imediatly

I can see that too but I think it would require an NCAA waiver to do it ...... not automatic.

• 4 weeks later...

looks like he found a home at Wake Forrest

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/29/2020 at 9:43 AM, Triple B said:

Not according to nationalletter.org if I'm reading that correctly....

If I get an NLI and get a complete release, can I sign another NLI in the same signing year?

No. NLI policy states a prospective student-athlete is only permitted to sign one valid NLI in an academic year. Therefore, if you sign an NLI during the early period and get a complete release by the institution or one of the NLI committees before the spring signing period ends, you are not permitted to sign a second NLI in the spring. You must wait until the next academic year to sign another NLI if you have not enrolled already at a four-year institution..

He doesn't have to sign a NLI if he doesn't want to. The NLI is a binding contract but it only binds the kid to the school. The school can recruit over the kid before he enrolls (like in Okpomo's case) or a kid could sign in November only to see the Coach get fired at the  end of the season or take a better job. Heck, a school could tell a kid that he/she should ask for a release from their NLI (**** move but a school could).

I'd never let my kid sign a NLI. Some schools **** around, especially when they fire a Coach, and delay granting the release because the school wants the incoming kids to wait and see who they hire and at least talk to that Coach, blah, blag, blah.

Okpomo can sign sign financial aid papers with the Wake Forest and he is good to go.