• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF, OSU, and Tenn ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

How much respect was UL getting up until last year?  I really don't remember all of the hype until they almost beat Miami, then went on a tear last season.  One big season like that would earn us SOME respect.  Maybe at least people who know who we were then.  Someone asked my the other day if we were a Div. I school.  Ugh... :-/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Conference

The SEC was established in December 1932, when the 13 members of the Southern Conference located west and south of the Appalachian Mountains left to form their own conference. Ten of the thirteen charter members have remained in the conference since its inception: the universities of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee; and Auburn, Louisiana State, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt universities. The other charter members were:

* Sewanee: Left the SEC in 1940. The school has since deemphasized varsity athletics, and is currently a member of the Division III Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.

* Georgia Tech: Left the SEC in 1964. In 1975, it became a founding member of the Metro Conference, one of the predecessors of today's Conference USA, competing there in all sports except football, in which it was independent. In 1978, Georgia Tech joined the Atlantic Coast Conference for all sports, where it has remained.

* Tulane: Left the SEC in 1966. Along with Georgia Tech, it was a charter member of the Metro Conference. Unlike Tech, however, Tulane remained in the Metro Conference throughout its history until it merged with the Great Midwest Conference to form Conference USA in 1995. Tulane remained an independent in football until the formation of C-USA.

The SEC expanded from 10 to 12 members in 1991 with the addition of the University of Arkansas from the Southwest Conference and the University of South Carolina from the independent ranks in football and the Metro Conference in other sports. In 1992, the SEC adopted the divisional setup that exists today. Also in 1992, the SEC was the first conference to receive permission from the NCAA to conduct an annual championship game in football, featuring the winners of the conference's eastern and western division.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Someone please explain why Mich was still ranked and probably will still be getting votes for the top 25.  They are very weak this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

Drop the polls and let's get a PLAYOFF !!!

:P

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Because they are Michigan.  They did beat Michigan State on the road.

I guess i already knew that but it just seems sooo wrong to me.  Rankings go out the window during the annual Mich vs Mich St. game each year.  No way should Mich be getting any votes. JMHO

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

The Nits will stick a fork  into michigan this weekend...david6dv.gif

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

according to what was posted earlier by Kizarvexis Ohio State doesn't have a win over any top 20 team, the only teams they have faced that have been ranked in the top 20 are Texas who they lost to by 3 and Penn State who they lost to by 7, just pointing this out

according to what was posted earlier by Kizarvexis Ohio State doesn't have a win over any top 20 team, the only teams they have faced that have been ranked in the top 20 are Texas who they lost to by 3 and Penn State who they lost to by 7, just pointing this out

Iowa was a Top 20 team when they played Ohio State.

I go by when they played not where they are now.