• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome BuckyFan

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Hello board members, please join me in welcoming BuckyFan to TheBullsPen.com.

BuckyFan joined on  08/28/2019.

View Member

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

No pressure @BuckyFan but some dude named Ryan has been on here and we like the guy.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the kind welcome!  I've been lurking here for the past 2-3 weeks.  I've found some of Ryan's posts a bit over the top, but I'm sure he's a nice fella and I'm glad you're all enjoying his contributions to the board!  

Good luck Friday, wish I could say I was coming down for it.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, BuckyFan said:

Thanks for the kind welcome!  I've been lurking here for the past 2-3 weeks.  I've found some of Ryan's posts a bit over the top, but I'm sure he's a nice fella and I'm glad you're all enjoying his contributions to the board!  

Unless you wanted to stay for a week you'd have to fly home on Saturday. So enjoy it from the comfy of home. Or NOT enjoy it from our perspective.   Sunday and Monday may close down the airports.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, BuckyFan said:

Interested to hear your thoughts/perspective about your team and what you expect to see on Friday, if you care to share. Welcome aboard, because nobody likes a lurker! 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Interested to hear your thoughts/perspective about your team and what you expect to see on Friday, if you care to share. Welcome aboard, because nobody likes a lurker! 

I'll be watching how well the O-line performs - we had to replace over half of the offensive line, including both guards. Hoping QB Coan has a solid start.  We return all of our receivers from last year (plus Cephus) so hopefully we can compliment the running game with some play action?  Obviously, Taylor will get the bulk of the carries on offense. 

I'm most concerned about how our defense is going to perform.  They're relatively inexperienced and the D-line is practically brand new.  I can see them giving up some big plays due to their inexperience.   

As many have suggested, the high humidity may play a role late in the game, so that's a definite advantage to the Bulls. 

After losing at home to BYU last year, I'm no longer taking any game for granted.  I think it will be a much closer game than many of my Badger friends think.  Good luck! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, BuckyFan said:

I'll be watching how well the O-line performs - we had to replace over half of the offensive line, including both guards. Hoping QB Coan has a solid start.  We return all of our receivers from last year (plus Cephus) so hopefully we can compliment the running game with some play action?  Obviously, Taylor will get the bulk of the carries on offense. 

I'm most concerned about how our defense is going to perform.  They're relatively inexperienced and the D-line is practically brand new.  I can see them giving up some big plays due to their inexperience.   

As many have suggested, the high humidity may play a role late in the game, so that's a definite advantage to the Bulls. 

After losing at home to BYU last year, I'm no longer taking any game for granted.  I think it will be a much closer game than many of my Badger friends think.  Good luck! 🙂 

I had this pegged in the 8 to 10 point victory range for the Badgers prior to the season. After trying to learn about what Wisconsin is all about and gleaning what I could about USF, I still think that might be the final spread, although I am hopeful for a victory. 

To me, Coan didn't look too impressive in his limited time last season, but you really don't need him to be if the O-line and Taylor are able to dictate this game. You just need him to manage the game and not turn the ball over. I think if we force you guys to have to pass 23+ times we can win it. If you guys run it more than 40 times, are hopes are slim unless your defense really struggles. 

Our O-line was a liability last season, as was our defense, especially the LB position. We had a safety playing LB and moved a pass rushing DE to the LB position as stopgap measures, but it failed miserably, especially when we lost our only legitimate LB to neck surgery. Unfortunately, the same neck injury that got him last year has resurfaced this year and his career is over. We did bring in a stud in Macon that will be playing MLB, but he has 32 months of rust to shake off, so that would be my biggest concern on that side of the ball.

The o-line has apparently jelled after a huge rift emerged last season. We have some good, big guys that just need to be serviceable, not great. 

Where we have the advantage over Wisconsin is with athleticism, especially at the WR position. A few of our guys should create some match-up nightmares for your LBs and safeties, including Ford, Horne, and McDoom. Our TE, Mitchell Wilcox, could be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, he has all the tools. At RB we return senior Jordan Cronkrite who did well last year, despite playing in a very predictable offense. Blake Barnett is our Senior QB and he saw the first significant action of his career last season. He came into camp and did the best he could to learn the offense, but it was a rush job. He has now had a full off-season to learn Kerwin Bell's new offense and, unless he is lying to all of us, he really enjoys running the offense and has a great grasp on things. He could play himself into the NFL draft conversation (think 4th or 5th round) if he plays up to his potential this year. 

If we can win the turnover battle and stop multiple explosive play by Taylor, we can pull off the upset. 

I'm hoping for the win, but ultimately, will be happy to see improvement on both sides of the ball and all the guys make it out of the game healthy. Enjoy the game from whatever presumably dry confines you will be viewing from, it could be a wet one down here. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

No pressure @BuckyFan but some dude named Ryan has been on here and we like the guy.  

❤️

8 hours ago, BuckyFan said:

You sound like my ex girlfriend, lol.  Anyways I'll be at Ray Jay Friday cheerin extra loud for the Red and White

• Like 1

Have fun and cheer loud, Ryan! 

giphy.gif

Edited by BuckyFan
  • Like 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172