• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCoy feels disrespected by the Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Is McCoy on the same level as Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and Selmon? I’m not so sure. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Is McCoy on the same level as Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and Selmon? I’m not so sure. 

He's definitely not on their level but I do kind of understand what he's saying. He is one of the top players to put on the uniform but where do you draw the line about the jerseys, especially when the team didn't accomplish much of anything during his tenure ... probably says more about Suh that he asked for it.

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

He's definitely not on their level but I do kind of understand what he's saying. He is one of the top players to put on the uniform but where do you draw the line about the jerseys, especially when the team didn't accomplish much of anything during his tenure ... probably says more about Suh that he asked for it.

Yeah, I see McCoy as a great player for the Bucs, but that isn't enough to warrant saving your jersey number. I don't believe he will be a HOF member and honestly with how this all went down he may not enter the ring of honor for the Bucs. He is incredibly sensitive and lets too much get to him. 

As for Suh, not to make the argument that he is a good guy, but 93 is a number that he wore in college at one pint and at two of his three previous stops. I I think it's hard to say the decision to wear 93 was completely meant to be a jab at McCoy. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yeah, I see McCoy as a great player for the Bucs, but that isn't enough to warrant saving your jersey number. I don't believe he will be a HOF member and honestly with how this all went down he may not enter the ring of honor for the Bucs. He is incredibly sensitive and lets too much get to him. 

As for Suh, not to make the argument that he is a good guy, but 93 is a number that he wore in college at one pint and at two of his three previous stops. I I think it's hard to say the decision to wear 93 was completely meant to be a jab at McCoy. 

Didn't mean to intimate that giving the Suh number was actually a jab per say but I would have hoped that either the Bucs or Suh would have taken into consideration McCoy's time here, on and off the field, and not turned right around and given it to him, the number history with him notwithstanding ........ but I do agree about Gerald's maybe letting stuff get to him more than he should, but also think this whole thing could have been handled a lot better from the Bucs end ..... although it's not surprising.

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Didn't mean to intimate that giving the Suh number was actually a jab per say but I would have hoped that either the Bucs or Suh would have taken into consideration McCoy's time here, on and off the field, and not turned right around and given it to him, the number history with him notwithstanding ........ but I do agree about Gerald's maybe letting stuff get to him more than he should, but also think this whole thing could have been handled a lot better from the Bucs end ..... although it's not surprising.

Definitely should have been handled differently 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

He's not even close to those guys' level although a good player.