• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ron & Ian discussing the TASER INCIDENTS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

For the last 20 minutes.

Let's get some phone calls going!!!

(I couldnt call, so I emailed the studio)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

hmmm, interesting. they had the guy on from the article and he was pretty clear that they told him it was ok just to not touch the posts. Very nice, tell them to go ahead THEN make and example, just gets better all the time.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Thanks BigShoop, looks like the lines are loaded with USF callers. They guy that got tazed gave a pretty good reenactment of what happened. Said he was tazed 3 times while never resisting. Said when they were taken to Orient Rd Jail they were done so in shackles. I never been arrested before...are shackles customary? I thought it was just cuffs.

I'll back him up on the "...just dont touch the goalposts" statement.

I've stormed 3 times(and was going to again), and EVERY time we were told that it was ok to go hang with the players, but do NOT even look twice at the goalposts.

That's what gets me about all of this. If the TSA and/or the police wouldve done their HOMEWORK, they would know that we had NO intentions of tearing down goalposts. Past history proves it.

I remember ONE guy trying to get to the posts in the past 3 "stormings".....and he got tackled and cuffed, as he shouldve been.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

That's what gets me about all of this. If the TSA and/or the police wouldve done their HOMEWORK, they would know that we had NO intentions of tearing down goalposts.

Hmmm .........

Fans surging toward the field after USF's 45-14 victory over Louisville were chanting "They're coming down! They're coming down!," referring to the goalposts, security officials said.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/28/Tampabay/Fans_want_call_of_unn.shtml

people have commented about that on here after other field storming events that didn't have problems so I have no doubt that is true. However to those throwing out the dictionary and statutes and whatever other legal reference. If you are told by the authorities to go ahead is it still tresspassing? ie....sounds to me like they in fact did NOT commit a crime. And as long as they didn't mess with the posts then they were following the directions given to them. Finally, if this has been the case in other games it also appears that they set a precedent with the students that it is ok.

If the point was to make an example to the others trying to get on the field, what was the point of the last tazer while leaving, the shackling and jail stay? Seems like much more then trying to get control of the current situation.

Hmmm .........

Fans surging toward the field after USF's 45-14 victory over Louisville were chanting "They're coming down! They're coming down!," referring to the goalposts, security officials said.

I didnt hear that.

If they're gonna use that chant as an example, you would think that it wouldve been a loud and unified chant.

Hmmm .........

so tazering the students that were hanging out with the team was the result? If that was the case then you would think that they would at least be heavily focused on students actually going or appearing to go after the posts. Come to think of it, they could have just made it easier and tazered the students who were in the stands chanting right there on the spot. That way there would have been no worry about them even making it to the field.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I can't believe I have to post this a third time:

Feeney said he was zapped with a Taser three times. Hamlin said Feeney was "drive stunned" twice, meaning the Taser was held against him to deliver a jolt. Police said Feeney pushed a stadium security guard, which Feeney denies.

Jason Robb, 31, of Tampa, said fans pushed him onto the field, where officers zapped him with a Taser. A criminal report affidavit said Robb jumped. It does not say a Taser was used but that Robb was "taken to the ground" when he refused to put his hands behind his back.

USF student Christopher Smith, 21, of Tampa, was charged with felony battery on a law enforcement officer after he was accused of spitting on a deputy, which he denies.

Joel Suppa, 23, of Bradenton, faces the same charge, as well as felony resisting an officer with violence. Suppa is accused of punching a deputy, which he denies. He said he was pushed onto the field, landed on his stomach and was handcuffed.

Allegedly, spitting on a cop, pushing security, resisting arrest, and punching a cop, will get you a beat down.

hahaha

thats funny