• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, the strength of the D is the secondary.

Maxey, Jennings, K. Phillips and Meriweather are as good a foursome as you'll find. In fact, I'd be surprised if you could find two safeties playing better than Phillips and Meriweather right now.

The DL is good and deep, but not top 5. The LBs are good and deep, but not top 5. The secondary is top 5, which allows the front 7 to focus on stopping the run.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

The more I think about this game, the more optimistic I get. ...

This is a Great Omen !

;D

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is a Great Omen !

;D

Don't forget about Clucko!!   ;D

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Advantage who? It can only be UM in every phase. You all have got big heads. ...

;D Who's got the big head ?  ::)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Advantage who? It can only be UM in every phase. You all have got big heads. Yes, your program is on right path but wake up and smell the coffee.

Fla speed vs Fla speed: Difference is UM has twice the amount of speed. Our back ups can match your speed! Hang with us for a quarter (probable) but definitely not four.

Our team is a threat on every play on both sides of ball. USF will be smothered because of pressure to play perfect on every snap. Drives will have to be long and grinding.

Yes UM offense has not been consistent but they have and are improving. The big play threat is always there.

Injuries are not as big as you think.Maxey will play!!! USF not a great pass offense. Doubt that the QB will have time to throw. Point is our defense is incredible!! USF has never seen a D like this one. USF will not be able to run so I guess you are going to beat us with the pass.NOT!!!!

Great win last week. Enjoy  it. Because now you're playing the "U".  5 natl champ. vs 9 years in existence

And who has the big head here? Are a lot of people probably a little more confident than they should be after the biggest win in program history, sure, but everyone also realizes the battle that we face.

To say that you guys have the advantage in every aspect of the game is a little overzealous IMO. At this point in time defense is your strength and defense is our strength. You don't keep an offense that scored over 30 points in 13 straight games to 14 points by accident.

Every cliche has been used and will be used until kick-off Saturday (play perfect, control the clock, run the ball, create turn overs, good special teams, blah blah blah). Once that ball gets kicked off its 4 quarters of football, which USF brings to the table every Saturday. All I can say is the "U" better not understamate this U, or else you could be in for a very long night

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Actually, the strength of the D is the secondary.

Maxey, Jennings, K. Phillips and Meriweather are as good a foursome as you'll find. In fact, I'd be surprised if you could find two safeties playing better than Phillips and Meriweather right now.

But...um, arent they hurt?

Actually, that doesnt really matter though....our weakness is our QB, so really the "strength" of your defense really shouldnt matter, should it?

Which then goes back to my statement about the trenches. We have the better O-Line, D-Line, LBs, and RB.

• Content Count:  14

I think we have the advantage in punting.  If it becomes a defensive battle like I think it will, Baker should keep them pinned..... In all seriousness, I think Miami is the better team.  I'm not saying they have more talent in every area, but I think they have more depth.  We won't know how they truly match up until the game has been played.  I'm pulling for a Bulls victory.  We need to see some consistency from Julmiste.   So far he has done what was needed to win, but he needs to go above and beyond in this game.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

OK I saw the postings about who has a big head, and I've just got to respond to that one.

I'm a USF alum in medical school at UMiami right now.

Let me just say, UM has some of the most undeservedly arrogant fans I have ever met. Their games are boring, because they only have two cheers, and the student presence is absolutely pathetic. Their stadium is probably the crappiest event venue in Miami, and that's saying a lot. They've had success with a football team that's ten times more funded than a state school like USF, and that somehow entitles them to think they are gods.

Not only are UM fans uber-arrogant, but their players are too. Listen to this:

UM Says Smart Money On Them

Published: Sep 28, 2005

TAMPA - University of Miami junior S Brandon Meriweather said he expects a tough game with the University of South Florida Saturday night.

In fact, he said USF's players are talented enough to play for Miami, if they were only smart enough.

"People underestimate South Florida all the time, but honestly they got the same caliber of players we got," Meriweather said. "The only reason their players are at South Florida and not UM is because their grades couldn't get through, they couldn't get them through the NCAA Clearinghouse or something like that. Of course, the game is probably going to be a very tough game, actually."

I hope this Miami team falls flat on its butt this Saturday, not just because I want the Bulls to win, but because UM fans deserve the slap in the face far more than Louisville's fans ever did.

• Content Count:  11

I want to echo what Richmond Cane said.  Wright won't make many mistakes, even when pressured.  He's not Brock Berlin who threw a lot of INT's when pressured.  Wright, if anything, doesn't throw the ball away enough and was sacked 14 times in 2 games (FSU and Clemson, zero sacks vs Colorado).  In that time he threw 2 INT's (both vs FSU) and one of those was just an errant throw that went off the WR's hands as he jumped and into the FSU safety's arms.

What I'm trying to say is Wright will take the sack instead of the turnover and he really hasn't been "rattled" into making mistakes (unless you count sacks as mistakes).