• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great CJL Interview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

20 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Its surprising to me, that he never got a gig again as a Head Coach anywhere after his departure here.

Maybe he is happy being a Defensive Coordinator, but seems like someone would have taken a chance on him as a Head Coach after the way he built up our program in such a short amount of time - despite the unfortunate incidents that forced him out of USF.

Definitely - always will be grateful to him for what he has done for us and wish him the best!

He wants to be a HC in a bad way but what happened here has made that basically impossible for him.   I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Tally after this season if their defense doesn't have a strong season.   Willie could either be on the hot seat or have earned enough good grace with a good season to get CJL as an upgrade at DC.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I want to listen, but I don't want to listen...

I miss the man so much; it hurts to remember the old days of USF football. I think I'll not listen to it.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

He wants to be a HC in a bad way but what happened here has made that basically impossible for him.   I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Tally after this season if their defense doesn't have a strong season.   Willie could either be on the hot seat or have earned enough good grace with a good season to get CJL as an upgrade at DC.   

I think FSU's current DC is pretty good. I dont see him getting fired. Not with Marv Wilson on their squad. Their defense wasnt that bad last year and were pretty young. They lost a lot of players from their 2016 class just like USF.   Its like FSU is a P5 version of us lol

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think FSU's current DC is pretty good. I dont see him getting fired. Not with Marv Wilson on their squad. Their defense wasnt that bad last year and were pretty young. They lost a lot of players from their 2016 class just like USF.   Its like FSU is a P5 version of us lol

We will see. Willie isn't gun shy to upgrade his staff and CJL is still a top notch DC