• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricanes 21 point favorites

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if the defense doesn't overpersue... Hall benefits big time.

Differences between Miami and Louisville...

Defensively, Miami is head and shoulders better than Louisville.  I have had the chance to see portions of all three of Miami's games this year.  They have  a solid DL and their DBs can fly.  PJ may not be able to stretch the field, unless he can throw some touch passes (like the long pass to Jackson or the pass to Peyton that was incomplete but had defenseive pass interference) ... the best way to combat speedy corners is to underthrow long passes and let our tall WR's outjump the DBs.  FSU, Clemson, and Colorado had trouble running the ball as well... the best way to beat a speedy defense is up-the-gut running.

Offensively, Louisville is head and shoulders better than Miami.  Heck, USF's offense is better than Miami's.  Hard to believe I actually typed that, but it's true.  USF's defense pressured Brohm all day, but Brohm was good enough to complete passes while taking hits.  I bet he was knocked down or hurried 20 times.  Wright still hasn't adjusted well to pressure... he tends to get happy feet and miss his targets.  Sinorice Moss will be a problem, but I think Jenkins can take him.  The UM running game hasn't found much.

Consider these "regulation" scores for Miami's first three games:

7-10 (@ FSU)

20-20 (@ Clemson)

23-3 (vs Colorado)

Like the Penn State Offense, Miami can't seem to find the endzone ... 5 TDs in 3 games (USF has 5 TDs in 1 game twice this season)... Kyle Wright's stat line: 52/93 (55.9%) for 648 yards, 3TD/2INTs, 14 sacks, for a 79.5 QB rating.  Their leading rusher is Tyrone Moss (285 yards - 4.2 YPC).

Their defense held both FSU and Clemson to less than 100 yards rushing as a team.  But both Clemson and Colorado had almost 300 yards passing.  Miami is +4 on the turnover ratio.

Long and short... I would expect a LOW scoring game, like Penn State.  Probably somewhere around 17-14.  USF could easily win if they minimize turnovers, penalties, and mental mistakes.

THIS Miami team is not unbeatable.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Miami's offense is less than stellar this season, so I dont see them beating us by 21.  I may have to put some $ on the spread myself.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Line holding steady.

At the beginning of the season, who ever would have thought that the Pitt - Rutgers game would be a pick-em?  Unreal.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

People are actually taking UM -21? That is an awful lot to give up in a game between two teams that have strong defenses, and so-so offenses.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Ok, I'll admit I put $25 on UL last week.  I really did not think we were going to show up for that game.  My green and gold glasses broke last year.  However, I had them repaired Saturday!  Therefore, I'm putting $90 on the Bulls this week.  Make me proud BULLS!  I'll be there in person to make sure Miami does not cover the spread!

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I like it when USF is getting 20-22 points.  I do believe Pitt was the first time, and Louisville last week were two games we won outright when the spread was that high.

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

This is free money just like I said it was last week.