• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hurricanes 21 point favorites

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Let's hope the oddsmakers are wrong again.

I can't believe this.  I know the vegas lines are all about money and it will come down during the week, but this is ridiculous.  

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

If they were here at RJS I would say the line would start at 17, but it is the Obowl and they are the canes.... We are fortunate to be able to play such a storied program... coach speak 101...

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

going into the UL game I knew we had a chance.... but I just dont have that feeling this week.  I think a big part of dominating UL was our athleticism and that is not going to cut it against UM.  All those reverses/end arounds etc will be stuffed by a team like UM.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,652
  • Days Won:  29

But um doesn't have L'ville's Offense

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

But um doesn't have L'ville's Offense

but their D is exponentially better and they always come up with some big plays either on offense or special teams ie Devin Hester.....  every punt Baker has should go out of bounds

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

going into the UL game I knew we had a chance.... but I just dont have that feeling this week.  I think a big part of dominating UL was our athleticism and that is not going to cut it against UM.  All those reverses/end arounds etc will be stuffed by a team like UM.  

PJ will have to complete passes for us to have a legit shot in this game.

Is the Miami D that much better than PSU?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I'm not a coach and I don't play for USF, but i'll bet you that the guys over on the sidelines saw that vurnerability in the UL defense long before they called 2 reverses in the game.  Anytime a defense overpursues you take a shot at the reverse because its a cheap way to pick up huge yardage if the D is giving it up.

You probably won't see it as much vs miami, if for no other reason than miami coaches will watch this game film and make sure the kids dont overpursue and get out of position so badly.  Miami is faster, but has over time showed vurnerability to up the gut running.

We might as well, along with passes now and then to keep them honest.  In close games anything can happen, and a healthy running offense might let us keep it close.