• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My e-mail to the TSA...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

Just wanted to show you guys the e-mail that I wrote today to the TSA:

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you in regards to the disgusting conduct of your employees and organization as a whole. I am a USF alumni that attended last nights game against Louisville. As you are aware, it was a very emotional and extremely important game for our school. I believe students have the right to celebrate their school's biggest win in their short history by jumping onto the field. I also understand that, due to the venue of Raymond James Stadium, there are important precautions that need to be made in order to ensure the safety of the public and of the property. However, last night I witnessed a crime so perverse in nature that I felt obligated to send the Tampa Sports Authority an e-mail to let my voice be heard. The force that was taken by your employee "goons" and the Tampa Police Department was not only whole-heartedly in every way, shape, and form unnecessary, but also a disgusting display of brutality and power-tripping. I would like to know, in fact I demand to know as a paying customer, what exactly are your policies and procedures for detaining persons who wish to rush the field. You would be hardpressed to convince me that chasing people down to midfield, slamming people into walls, and pinning people down to the ground with such force that that person may have very well feared for their life is part of the TSA policy and procedure manual. I would like to state for the record that many of the students, fans, and alumni have expressed extreme displeasure in the actions of the Tampa Sports Authority and the Tampa Police Department during this fiasco. Our message board is riddled with comments concerning this appalling behavior; you can log on at www.thebullspen.com and peruse the many topics in which this issue is addressed. I can't seem to find a reason as to how the TSA was in the right, I saw real victims last night and they weren't members of the TSA or TPD.  I expect to receive a prompt explanation to my concerns just as swiftlty as you TSA "thugs" found pleasure in commiting crimes against our fan base. Thank you for your time in this matter and I hope that this is as serious as a concern to you as it was to me,to the extent that something needs to be done about this sort of conduct.

I strongly encourage every one of you to take the time and e-mail them how you feel about this atrocity. Here is a nice list of all the e-mail addresses on their site so can easily copy and paste them for where to send them:

hsaavedra@tampasportsauthority.com, jhosey@tampasportsauthority.com, dbillups@tampasportsauthority.com, jhaugabrook@tampasportsauthority.com, dmosley@tampasportsauthority.com, jwolfe@tampasportsauthority.com, nlawrence@tampasportsauthority.com, erineberger@tampasportsauthority.com, epoirier@tampasportsauthority.com, ksilas@tampasportsauthority.com, mbouchard@tampasportsauthority.com, mfarrell@tampasportsauthority.com, cdekilder@tampasportsauthority.com, mdavis@tampasportsauthority.com, sreed@tampasportsauthority.com, jhove@tampasportsauthority.com, mmyers@tampasportsauthority.com, bcasey@tampasportsauthority.com, svila@tampasportsauthority.com, kmilburn@tampasportsauthority.com

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not against voicing your concerns in this form, but feel compelled to tell you that by emailing this to everyone, you've simply given them causation to delete them en masse.

Email Pres. Genshaft and AD Woolard, as they should take steps to address this.  As the people responsible for our contract with the TSA, they have the power to address grievances appropriately.  I would also recommend writing an opinion piece for the Oracle.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Oh yeah, send opinion letters to both the SPT and Trib as well.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

I think Mike is right in a lot of ways.  The TSA has never appeared in my dealings with them as anything more than a front for the Glazers...

I'd hope and pray our administrators have the courage and strength to do something substantial about the mistreatment.

It will be easy for USF to turn the other cheek and say what many have here, that the kids shouldn't have jumped the rail...that may be true, but someone needs to stand up to the use of excessive force and brutality.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not against voicing your concerns in this form, but feel compelled to tell you that by emailing this to everyone, you've simply given them causation to delete them en masse.

Email Pres. Genshaft and AD Woolard, as they should take steps to address this.  As the people responsible for our contract with the TSA, they have the power to address grievances appropriately.  I would also recommend writing an opinion piece for the Oracle.

Mike is right on this. The TSA could care less about USF.

Voice your concerns to the University. Be professional and concise with your complaints and emphasize that  you would like to hear a public explanation about why such harsh violence was unleashed on our young students and how future situations will be handled. Surely something can be done to address the needs and concerns of both sides.

The TSA renta thugs really spoiled the end to a great night of football for USF. Instead of cheering for our team, many fans were booing the blue shirt thugs chasing down our students. Many UL fans were equally sickened by the blatant abuse of power.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Steve  we need your legal advice! we may have a class action brewing here

Guest bullman33

With UL fans in the house I was truely embarrassed to be a part of this community last night.  NOWHERE ELSE in the country do college stadium personnel act this way.  UL fans must be wondering what kind of city would allow a pure beat down of teenagers just because they are on a football field.  ABSOLUTE DISGRACE and embarrassment.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

With UL fans in the house I was truely embarrassed to be a part of this community last night.  NOWHERE ELSE in the country do college stadium personnel act this way.  UL fans must be wondering what kind of city would allow a pure beat down of teenagers just because they are on a football field.  ABSOLUTE DISGRACE and embarrassment.  

apparently you havent seen the WVU police....

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Several UL fans came to me and my friends and voiced their opinions on the matter. They believe it was nothing but a power trip and police brutality.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Planning on blogging this Greg? or a full out article on college atmosphere at USF games?