• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2nd half Kickoff TD sholdn't have counted

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

You cannot forward a fumble so they would have put the ball at the 1/2 yard line and with our first team in, we would have scored anyhow.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

ok fine...we spot you the 7 points

what about the touch down in the last 3 min by pontoon

knee never touched the ground but no touch down...so do we get those 7 points back?

Excellent point 96.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

If we fumble out of the back of the endzone I beleive its a safety, if we fumble out of the side of the endzone I believe its a touchback...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30

If we fumble out of the back of the endzone I beleive its a safety, if we fumble out of the side of the endzone I believe its a touchback...

hmmm interesting, I wonder if this is really the case.

and as far as forward a fumble, that would only mean USF couldn't have recovered it for a TD, but if it bounced out of bounds USF wouldn't get it on the 1/2 yard line I don't think.  I think it's UL's ball at the 20.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

who cares game over, it wouldn't have made a difference in the score and the outcome of the game would have been the same.  was it stupid yes, but its over

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30

who cares game over, it wouldn't have made a difference in the score and the outcome of the game would have been the same.  was it stupid yes, but its over

how many times can I say I KNOW it doesn't matter now and I am not complaining, I just am curious what the ruling might have been had they caught this during the game!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

If you fumble the ball out of bounds or out of the endzone without the other team touching it, it is considered forwarding a fumble and the ball is spotted at the point it was moving forward.

I stand corrected:

Question: If an offensive player fumbles just before crossing the defender's goal line and the ball goes out of bounds through the back of the end zone, who gets possession, and where is the ball put back into play? What if the ball was knocked out of the runner's hands?

Answer: NCAA: Force/impetus is always attributed to the player that fumbles, regardless of how the ball was knocked out. Simply touching the fumble does not change the original force/impetus.

If a fumble goes forward into and out of the opponents' endzone, it is a touchback for the opponents. 1st and 10 from the 20 yardline.

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rsfc/intro/johnson.shtml

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

ok fine...we spot you the 7 points

what about the touch down in the last 3 min by pontoon

knee never touched the ground but no touch down...so do we get those 7 points back?

actually-- that call was good. I have pistures showing he touched the ball to the ground and according to rule, that is downing the ball. It was not a touchdown.

still-- let's dwell on this big ass win

actually-- that call was good. I have pistures showing he touched the ball to the ground and according to rule, that is downing the ball. It was not a touchdown.

still-- let's dwell on this big ass win

Mike, the running back can use any part of his hands -- the ball is considered an extension of his hand -- to keep himself up.  Touching the ball to the ground does not stop the play.

The officials probably felt that his forward momentum was sufficiently stopped.  I would have disagreed, but that was their judgement call.

It would have been great if Denson or Gachette could have scored on their tries as well.  But I am surprised that Leavitt didn't put in the Victory formation after Gachette's interception.  1:30 left, all we had to do is take a knee three times and it would be over...