• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Game of the Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

From CFN:

Louisville (2-0) at South Florida (2-1), 6:45 pm EST

Why to watch: After a too-close-for-comfort opener with Kentucky, Louisville is trendy again.  The Cards ran circles around Oregon State, winning 63-27, and legitimizing, to some, their Top 10 poll position showing off the offense that ran so well last year.  The Brian Brohm-led offense is explosive, unpredictable and capable of being slowed down by only Mother Nature.  After opening with a loss to Penn State, South Florida has gotten over .500 with wins over a pair of in-state cupcakes, Florida A&M and UCF.  Home run hitter Andre Hall ran for more than 150 yards in both games and ranks No. 9 in the country in rushing.  Both former C-USA schools will be playing their first-ever Big East Conference game.

Why Louisville might win: The Cardinal offense features a level of diversity South Florida hasn’t seen this year.  Play the pass, and RBs Michael Bush and Kolby Smith will pick up chunks of real estate on each carry. Crowd the box, and QB Brian Brohm will pick apart any secondary. The Bull defense doesn't quite have the overall talent in the secondary to matchup with the big, speedy Cardinal receivers.

Why South Florida might win: The Bull D has quietly played exceptionally well in September.  They’re the only team that’s kept Penn State QB Michael Robinson in check, rank No. 5 in the country in pass defense, and despite having big leads the last two weekends, have only given up one passing touchdown all year. Traditionally, USF has been one of the nation's better home field performers and will be jacked up for a change to reestablish its solid reputation.

Who to watch: Louisville DE Elvis Dumervil is off to one of the most insane starts for a defensive player in college football history.  He already has nine sacks, and is becoming the kind of disruption that draws double teams and makes everyone around him better.  The Bulls need to pass the ball to stay competitive Saturday, but with Dumervil draped on QB Pat Julmiste, it won’t be easy.

What will happen: In front of a big crowd, the Bulls are getting enough from a relentless defense to keep things interesting in the first half.  In the end, however, there’s too much firepower and too much Dumervil to expect the unexpected.

CFN Prediction: Louisville 41 ... South Florida 21 ... Line: Louisville -21.5

Must See Rating: (5 lock yourself in a room to watch - 1 Rock Star: INXS) ... 3

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Turn it around, Doubting Thomas...

You're supposed to be a BULLS fan,  Remember?

BULLS 41

Kards 21

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Don't know for sure why but I BULLIEVE the BULLS will pull the upset!!!!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I hope the Bulls pull the upset, if only to keep STK off the board for another week...  ;)

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

41-21 sounds about right to me.  I say we get one less TD though.

And you call yourself a bulls fan  >:(

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I hope the Bulls pull the upset, if only to keep STK off the board for another week...  ;)

I am telling you STK is locked in his room because his mommy wont let him play D and D

I think you can be a Bull's fan and still have realistic expectations.  If we had handled Penn State, I would say we have a shot at winning tomorrow.  We're just not consistent enough on offense to win against highly ranked teams at the moment.  Does this mean I won't be at the game cheering for the Bulls? No, I'll be there, but I'm not going with "UCF fan" illusions of grandeur.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I love this - note how USF is favored by 9.5 in every OTHER BE game except the one we are actually playing in.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/big_east/2005_Predictions/Sept24.htm