• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing: Carlton Hill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't that the point of good coaching, don't change what's already working?  They would have given CD more meaningful opportunities but thus far PJ's done nothing to warrant a benching, in fact I would say PJ's been excellent in terms of his abilities and play compared to last year.  If he stays on this course then I see no reason to change.  In fact, my hope is we don't ever bench PJ this season because that would mean he's playing well and this team is doing good things.  If it isn't broke don't try to fix it!

Only contradiction to this mode of thought is the Louisville Cardinals last season w/LeFlores & Brohm.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

If we're not going to use Carlton to have a real impact on the game, then not redshirting him this season was a mistake.  If it turns out we actually utilize him and he is able to succeed then playing him this year was the right thing to do.  

My thought process is this though:  Get him in there against the patsies like ucf and FAMU, when the game is already won, so he is able to perform against the L'villes and MiA's of the world.  If we are in fact limiting his touches to shield him as some sort of "secret weapon" (which I dont think is the case personally)  and he has limited touches leading up to a great team like l'ville, how can we be sure he will be able to perform when he is called upon?

Guest S.  Bien
carlton hill should have been red shirted, I know he's a very talented player. But he would be much better, learning on the scout team. I'm not sold on PJ passing the 25-30 times a game, there is not going to be that many balls thrown his way. By that  time him and grothe will have  the offense down pact. Don't waste a year!!!! ???

Care for change because your two cents sucks!  Someone give this man a penny, because I wouldn't pay two cents for that drivel.

Yeah, Ohio State should have red shirted Ted Ginn, and FSU should redshirt Fred Rouse.  HEY DOOFUS, CARLTON HILL TOLD THE COACHES HE DOESN'T WANT TO REDSHIRT AND WOULD PLAY WR OR ANY POSITION WHERE HE CAN CONTRIBUTE AT, AS WELL AS QB SO LONG AS HE CAN SEE THE FIELD.

What do you all think, do you think ole one cent got the message?

You've got a kid that's 6-4 210lbs, runs a 4.4 forty, has a 38 inch vert, and can juke most guys out of their jockey shorts and you want him to red shirt?  Good grief!

By the way, PJ's thrown for 60% completion percentage in each of his first three games....you may not be sold, but then again your two cents doesn't buy you much these days anyway.

Guest S.  Bien
If we're not going to use Carlton to have a real impact on the game, then not redshirting him this season was a mistake.  If it turns out we actually utilize him and he is able to succeed then playing him this year was the right thing to do.  

My thought process is this though:  Get him in there against the patsies like ucf and FAMU, when the game is already won, so he is able to perform against the L'villes and MiA's of the world.  If we are in fact limiting his touches to shield him as some sort of "secret weapon" (which I dont think is the case personally)  and he has limited touches leading up to a great team like l'ville, how can we be sure he will be able to perform when he is called upon?

beastie, the kid caught two passes, got a reverse, and we just missed him on a deep post against PSU.  How's that not getting him the ball?  

Jeez folks, the kid doesn't want to redshirt.  He will be fine.  He's a talent that will grow and by the end of the year could have a Ted Ginn like impact on our team.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

By the way, PJ's thrown for 60% completion percentage in each of his first three games....you may not be sold, but then again your two cents doesn't buy you much these days anyway.

Again, I'll ask. How many completions over 10 yds? Hell, how many THROWS over 10 yds?

Swing passes and WR screens are not hard to complete. Where's the deep posts, medium and deep slants, crossing patterns and outs? If our WRs have so much speed and so much talent, our QB should be getting them the ball with the opportunity to run after the catch.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

3 completions over 25 yards

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Again, I'll ask. How many completions over 10 yds? Hell, how many THROWS over 10 yds?

Swing passes and WR screens are not hard to complete. Where's the deep posts, medium and deep slants, crossing patterns and outs? If our WRs have so much speed and so much talent, our QB should be getting them the ball with the opportunity to run after the catch.

that backwards pass he threw away was awful.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

PJ's touch looks pretty bad still.  He threw one 5 yards over Chamber's head on a screen 8 yards away.  yikes.  The long passes realistically are nowhere near being completed from what I''ve seen.  Those two sideline routes that he threw long were way out of bounds by the time they cme down from the clouds.  It almost appears like he's closing his eyes and throwing the ball as high as he can.  Heck even ucf had that one great almost catch in the endzone between two USF defenders, they called it incomplete but it sure looked complete to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

@ psu ... 2 TOUCH passes to the End Zone for TD's . . .

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  53

OK, Mr. S. bien Iwill give you my 2 cents. Fred Rouse and t Ginn was the two highest rated wr's coming out high school. And Rouse was the number 1 player in the nation and he's at FSU. What! is carlton hill demanding he play this year, I think not. Get your fact straight b4 calling someone doofus!! He's not the only freshman running a 4.4 in the nation. And like I said b4 , he's a real talent, but right now he's 5th best wr's on the team. If don't believe me, watch him practice more than one day, I have. :P >:(