• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing: Carlton Hill

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

C4 wanted to play this year and we accomidated him . . .

Rouse Craves More Action

Published: Sep 21, 2005

TALLAHASSEE - Florida State freshman WR Fred Rouse isn't frustrated, but he does feel like he's being underutilized. "I ain't on the field enough," said Rouse, the nation's top-rated receiver from the 2005 recruiting class. "I need to be on the field."

Other newcomers Rod Owens and Greg Carr have combined for 173 yards on nine catches.

Rouse's lone reception (54 yards) came late in the 62-10 win against The Citadel. He said he isn't worrying about why he hasn't seen as much playing time. "I'm just going to try to keep working," he said.

Tampa Tribune

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Yeesh, I don't think complaining to the media is the way to get more PT.  Especially with a deep roster like FSU.  One could get lost.  At least Carlton is keeping quiet about it.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

C4 wanted to play this year and we accomidated him . . .

Tampa Tribune

Then I have another question.  Why did we accommodate Carlton and not Matt Grothe?

I can't answer for sure ... but I'll speculate ... GrothE only wanted to be a QB, coaches obviously didn't think Matt was Top 3 (although I am suprised) ... C4 was open to try WR where he'll excell.

Why not the chat about Taurus Johnson playing. We play 3-4 WR sets ... many more guys get an opportunity at WR than at QB in game situations.

Guest S.  Bien
OK, Mr. S. bien Iwill give you my 2 cents. Fred Rouse and t Ginn was the two highest rated wr's coming out high school. And Rouse was the number 1 player in the nation and he's at FSU. What! is carlton hill demanding he play this year, I think not. Get your fact straight b4 calling someone doofus!! He's not the only freshman running a 4.4 in the nation. And like I said b4 , he's a real talent, but right now he's 5th best wr's on the team. If don't believe me, watch him practice more than one day, I have. :P >:(

Oh look folks another talent evaluator.  He's been sitting outside with the coaches evaluating talent.

I know who Rouse, and Ginn are, and I know that if Carlton Hill had been playing WR in HS he'd be right there with those gentlemen.  I know Carlton's got similar talent as those gentlemen, and IF YOU HAVE WATCHED ALL THESE PRACTICES, then you'll know there isn't an athlete at WR who's as gifted as Carlton Hill athletically speak- transfers not included.

For being such a bum, he caught two passes, and handled an end-around in the PSU game, and just missed a deep post.

Beastie, the reason they didn't jeopardize Matt's is because they didn't want to move him out of QB, and he doesn't have the skill set of C4.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

3 completions over 25 yards

If thats the case, how far did the ball go in the AIR? Meaning, how much of it was a throw, and how much was the WR running for 20 yds?

I honestly dont know, because I dont remember any intermediate passes on saturday night.

DANG !!! Your asking too much info ... buy a replay of the game.

Do know that Andre's TD catch was 26 yards and it was basicly a "screen" pass.

We'll see how these next 3 games go . . . will be a better barometer.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Do know that Andre's TD catch was 26 yards and it was basicly a "screen" pass.

thats what I'm sayin....stats can be decieving. especially the ones that all of you Julsucke fans keep throwing at me.  ;D