• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I say keep this USFvsUCF series going!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

1) I never said there wasn't ANY novelty to this game.  I said that I don't see any evidence that novelty was the ONLY reason.  In fact, if your point about the 'apparent' obsession UCF fans have for this game leads me to believe that a hypothetical 2007 game at Raymond James would draw 45,000 people.  Or more if UCF manages to actually start winning a few games.

2) Now, I don't know how you can generalize that UCF fans are all bad and that tailgating at the Citrus Bowl is akin to walking through Detroit in a white sheet.  All schools have their share of obnoxious and idiotic fans... especially when you add alcohol.

In fact, let me say this, I would think (expect, theorize, estimate) that the percentage of truly classless fans is about the same at every school.  The fact that we have more stories here may simply be a numbers game -- it was the largest visting contingent ever at a USF game.

I would also say that a greater perecentage of the visiting students for this game were the 18-22 year old college students.

Were there problems? Yes.  Will USF students be the problem in Orlando next year? Yes.

3) Your opinion is no more or less valid than mine.

By the way, I went to a Florida-Florida State game in Tallahassee and saw three Florida fans get hit with bags of urine.  I was at a Florida-Tennessee game where a UF student poured a whole cup of soda over an older UT fans' head just because UT scored a TD.

I was at a USF game where a bunch of students -- it was a blowout -- and spent the entire 4th quarter shouting "Show us your tits" to the visiting cheerleaders.

There are classless fans everywhere.

This is a GREAT Post, Jim.

There wouldn't be any animosity on the UCF side if others would simply take your stance.  Instead, there will always be some idiots around to make matters worse.

Great post.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35

We will offer you 2 for 1's or a pay day as I am sure all the teams you have mentioned have but as for a home and home, I think we should find a better fit. ;D

LOL,  a pay day.  Now I have heard everything....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

We will offer you 2 for 1's or a pay day as I am sure all the teams you have mentioned have but as for a home and home, I think we should find a better fit. ;D

Who would be a better fit?  If you are talking about someone respectable, where are they now?  If you think you are getting one for ones with the Clemsons or Georgia Techs of the world, you are mistaken.

The Miami game was a game Miami needed this year and has NOT been scheduled AT RayJay yet.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I thought you would like that. :) I am not saying we are as good as those teams, I am just saying we are that much better than you and you guys have such a hard on for us you just may accept it!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

I just hope after the UCF folks win some games that they will be a little less bitter.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day hear in Orlando as I will see a large amount of the folks who have been throwing the smack around for the last couple years.

The media in Orlando definitely has pointed out the problems. Big write ups in the Orlando Sentinel and on the TV news.  

If they get out of the funk and play well the rest of the year, we will see if the rivalry thing moves forward.  

Personally, I think we have more chance of being a rival with Pitt or Louisville then with UCF.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Yeah, I am sure that happened.

Whats with the Drama Queen crap?  Some fans are idiots.  You have them as well.

Put pressure on the officials in charge to provide more security.  It was never a problem before since you never had big crowds in the past.

You want to be BCS, act like it.

Hey Mav-Hole, I can personally attest to the harassing of pregnant women.  My wife was one of them!!  UCF fans are the absolute worst I've seen in the entire existance of USF football.  I'd play S-Miss any day of the week over that bunch.  What a pile of drunken idoits.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Hey Mav-Hole, I can personally attest to the harassing of pregnant women.  My wife was one of them!!  UCF fans are the absolute worst I've seen in the entire existance of USF football.  I'd play S-Miss any day of the week over that bunch.  What a pile of drunken idoits.  

I second that!  They were yelling in the faces of elderly fans, people with small children, they didn't care.  They were class A holes!

They were sure quiet leaving though.....hehehehe  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  26

This is actually my first post since the game on any board, I was trying to make sure I calmed down first. But I can't keep quiet reading this.

The game aside, I have to defend my school a little bit here. The only thing I know for sure is that which I saw with my own two eyes, anything said from others could be 100% true or a bit (or a lot) exaggerated, especially if someone wants to feel a particular way.

I was one of the UCF fans that got to the parking lot (lot 8 ) when they opened at 2pm and left after the final whistle. In whole hearted honesty I did not see a single fight in the parking lots or stands or anywhere the entire time. I didn't see any jerks honestly on either side. There were a few times where our fans and there fans came eye to eye and I worried a fight might break out b/c of all the yelling and screaming but to my happy surprise both ended with high fives exchanged between the rival fans. Only thing I saw was good natured ribbing- USF fans saying 16 in a row, UCF fans saying where's all your fans type thing.

I'm not saying that there weren't jerks from UCF or USF, b/c there always are- and maybe I was just lucky and somehow missed all this nasty behavior that some of your fans speak of, but there is no way it could even be possibly as bad as stated here.

Honestly I was pretty proud of my Knight fans- I think it pretty great that we had that type of showing considering we've lost 16 in a row. I thought we showed USF fans how passionate we are about our team and were pretty darn loud. I'm not going to sit back and let a fan from Detriot who was not at the game act like UCF fans were acting like a bunch of rioting criminals without adding my two cents.

I'll post about the game later, but I will say I was EXTREMELY impressed with your team- I think you guys will do pretty darn good in the BE actually. Hall is a stud.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I'm not going to sit back and let a fan from Detriot who was not at the game act like UCF fans were acting like a bunch of rioting criminals without adding my two cents.

Then check out the two posts previous to yours if you want a more local opinion.......

I realize that there are always "those" types of fans on both sides but there seems to be too many credible Bulls posters with stories like BG95 and WWW to call this a wash as far as ***** fans go.......

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Wonder what attendance would have looked like if the UF Tennessee game wasn't on at the same time. I knew of a few Bulls that actually skipepd the game to watch that crap on TV.