• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I say keep this USFvsUCF series going!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

These UCF students threw a cheer megaphone and ALMOST hit me.  It did hit 2 of my friends and one even has a mark on her face from it...oh and her glasses are broken.  I'm sorry, but I don't think most people would do that.  Most of the UCF fans I saw were really rude and drunk and I was getting extremely irritated from it.

I however, love the idea of playing UCF every year.  They're super close!  The game was so much fun!  I think I said something in my sleep about UCF losing...my friend told me, lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I don't see why so many of you are giving mikeb a hard time?  ucf fans were being obnoxious, yelling obscenities and countless other things in the parking lots, entering the stadium, inside the stadium, on and on.

They sure were quiet leaving though... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  23

I think that the obnoxious behavior of the UCF fans may be a little overblown but I have walked through our student parking areas at home games and have been amazed at the students behavior and I sit with a few folks who lack the level of sportsmanship that I would hope represent our school.   But with that said there are jerks everywhere, a few would even put me in that bracket but then I raise hell with my own and not the opposing fans.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

This from the same guy that attacked my wife without provocation?

You are a clown and are included in their class.

Without provocation, Mav?  You put up a photo insinuating that all USF women are big fat disgusting pigs.  My wife happened to go to USF.  Therefore, you attacked my wife LONG before I made jokes to reverse the tables.

There is much that supports my opinion, Jim.  The game itself was a novelty because it is the first game between the schools.  If you don't understand that, I don't know what to say.  As for the UCF fans, there is ample evidence of how classless they were.  How do you think that's going to be when we get there and are outnumbered heavily?  If they will fight when outnumbered, what will they do when they outnumber us?  As for checking on how they treated other fans, it isn't apples to apples.  You know as well as I do that they have been hopelessly obsessed with USF, and their actions yesterday are illustrative of that.

Yes, there's some opinion in all that, but the opinions make sense.  Yours is just one of those rah-rah opinions.

1) I never said there wasn't ANY novelty to this game.  I said that I don't see any evidence that novelty was the ONLY reason.  In fact, if your point about the 'apparent' obsession UCF fans have for this game leads me to believe that a hypothetical 2007 game at Raymond James would draw 45,000 people.  Or more if UCF manages to actually start winning a few games.

2) Now, I don't know how you can generalize that UCF fans are all bad and that tailgating at the Citrus Bowl is akin to walking through Detroit in a white sheet.  All schools have their share of obnoxious and idiotic fans... especially when you add alcohol.

In fact, let me say this, I would think (expect, theorize, estimate) that the percentage of truly classless fans is about the same at every school.  The fact that we have more stories here may simply be a numbers game -- it was the largest visting contingent ever at a USF game.

I would also say that a greater perecentage of the visiting students for this game were the 18-22 year old college students.

Were there problems? Yes.  Will USF students be the problem in Orlando next year? Yes.

3) Your opinion is no more or less valid than mine.

By the way, I went to a Florida-Florida State game in Tallahassee and saw three Florida fans get hit with bags of urine.  I was at a Florida-Tennessee game where a UF student poured a whole cup of soda over an older UT fans' head just because UT scored a TD.

I was at a USF game where a bunch of students -- it was a blowout -- and spent the entire 4th quarter shouting "Show us your tits" to the visiting cheerleaders.

There are classless fans everywhere.

I don't see why so many of you are giving mikeb a hard time?  ucf fans were being obnoxious, yelling obscenities and countless other things in the parking lots, entering the stadium, inside the stadium, on and on.

They sure were quiet leaving though... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The UCF fans need anything to avoid actually thinking about the FACT that their team sucked on the field, and their fans sucked off the field.

Jim, we're not going to agree on this.  You are one of the few Bulls out there that has been clamoring for a rivalry with UCF, and I don't believe you'll agree with anything that threatens that position.

Jim, we're not going to agree on this.  You are one of the few Bulls out there that has been clamoring for a rivalry with UCF, and I don't believe you'll agree with anything that threatens that position.

You might be right.  I would say the reverse is true -- from what I recall of your posts -- you oppose a rivalry and would not agree with anything that counters that position.

If someone, anyone, can give a real reason why it should not happen; I could be persuaded.  The problem is, no one to this point has given a reason that makes logical sense.

The only arguments I have heard have been: their team sucks, their conference sucks, and their fans suck.  If I proposed another rival based on the qualtities that their team is good, their conference is good, and their fans are nice -- I doubt that would make logical sence to people.

You and I will probably never agree on this... but I hope we can agree that we approach this position from what we each believe is in the best interests of the program.

Go Bulls!!  Beat Louisville!!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Ok, so since this thread seems to be USFMike vs. everyone, we can let this one go.

UCF and USF have the same pool of students.  And unless you guys are teaching a "Tailgate etiquette" course or have some kind of brainwashing during freshman orientation, there's no reason to think that in the same situation - UCF and USF students aren't going to act the exact same way.  

There is a difference - USF students haven't been conditioned to hate UCF, whereas UCF students have been conditioned to hate USF.  That is part of the reason why your fans yesterday were so insane.