• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to the UCF band

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the half-time show.  You guys rocked some Santana action.  (at least someone from your school showed up to play  ;) )

I hope H.O.T. comes goes out to Orlando next year.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Thanks for the half-time show.  You guys rocked some Santana action.  (at least someone from your school showed up to play  ;) )

I hope H.O.T. comes goes out to Orlando next year.

Hey...I thought that Bulls Band ROCKED as well!!

I've "herd" that your Band has only been around for a few years and if so, you guys are off to a GREAT START!!

Keep pressure on Tom Veit to cut-down on all the pre-recorded rap songs and Paul Porter diarrhea of the  mouth and let your band PLAY and your students CHEER!!!

KL

PS. When Paul Porter was reading a Dodge Commercial DURING an USF Play....can someone please wake that guy UP???

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I am not sure about the Dodge Commercial incident, but the pre-game rap music is getting old.

Most people are probably swilling beer in the parking lot at the time, so they miss out on this really annoying tune when the teams are warming up.  Where did they find this mix of rap and classic Led Zeppelin?  Last week I thought they f-ed up and played two song together.  Nope, they dug up this abortion of a tune this week.  John Bonham is spinning in his grave right now.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Our band needs to stop dancing.  Why make a fool of yourself.  Our music is marginal and can be accepted but the dancing needs to stop.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

The UCF band was pretty good. It was an honor to have two great bands travel to Tampa during the last two weeks in FAMU and UCF. Thanks again for the entertainment.  It also seems like the HOT has taken some lessons from other schools this season which is a good thing because they have improved.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

I wasn't able to tell how good UCFs band did because I was sitting backfield, but I did get to hear the HOT loud and clear.  Playing backfield is a creative way of playing the same show two weeks in a row.  They were very good, and very much improved from years past.  

They sounded (and looked) a lot like UCF - but that's not a bad thing.  It works and the style takes advantage of what you can do with a band of that size, that you can't do with a 400 person ensemble....mainly - move.

I don't know if choosing "We don't need no education" as the one line in the show that was sung was in good form :)

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

It is no coincidence that the HOT look a lot like UCF's band.  The HOT are 6 years old and UCF helped put them together.  They still have a long way to go though.  USF does 1 pregame and 1 halftime show a year while UCF does 1 pregame and 4-6 halftime shows a year.

Also, the drill the two bands use differ.  USF uses a basic block style while UCF uses passthroughs and more difficult pictures.  It's not a slam.  UCF has been doing this for 25 years, so there is a tradition and standard.  USF will get there soon enough and UCF will help them along the way.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I for one wish we would dump paul porter....hearing it on tv is embaracing......are we that pathetic we need him to tell us to get up and get loud because it is 3rd down ???

i feel like we are at an orlando magic game....

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Chi...Unfortunately yes we do need Paul Porter. Do you know when people outside of the student section stand up on 3rd down when we are on defense. As soon as Porter says, 'Let's hear it for that Bulls defense".

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

It was a pleasure and a great surprise for me to see that the drum major for UCF was one of my former students with the Venice High Band. Way to go Laura Young. I am proud of you!    

PS any UCF student know how I could contact her through E mail., e me back at drumlinecoach@yahoo.com. Thanks.