• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: USF football approved 10 years ago today!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow.

Sounds to me like Mike Camunas needs to stop worrying about what is being written on these message boards and stick his nose in some books on grammar and AP style.

It seems like if Camunas doesn’t have his head up Jim Leavitt’s rear end it’s going to be up this MB’s ass.

Mike, stop worrying about the opinion of people who only want to hear good things about USF and work a little harder at not looking like a complete idiot – for the sake of The Oracle and the St. Petersburg Times (for which you have an obligation to act like a professional).

I know you feel a little tingle inside when you walk over the computer the day after you wrote a column that you knew the MB was just going to love. You see your little name in the title of a new thread and your pathetic life becomes complete.

Mike, report the news. Give the FACTS.

Wow!! That's really harsh.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.

Sounds to me like Mike Camunas needs to stop worrying about what is being written on these message boards and stick his nose in some books on grammar and AP style.

It seems like if Camunas doesn’t have his head up Jim Leavitt’s rear end it’s going to be up this MB’s ass.

Mike, stop worrying about the opinion of people who only want to hear good things about USF and work a little harder at not looking like a complete idiot – for the sake of The Oracle and the St. Petersburg Times (for which you have an obligation to act like a professional).

I know you feel a little tingle inside when you walk over the computer the day after you wrote a column that you knew the MB was just going to love. You see your little name in the title of a new thread and your pathetic life becomes complete.

Mike, report the news. Give the FACTS.

I hate to break this to you, journalism STUDENT, but not every article has to be written in a negative light, and a factual article that doesn't try to create a scandal does not mean that the writer is kissing the ass of the subject of the article.  

There are times when negative articles and opinions are warranted.  There are also times when positive articles and opinions are warranted as well.  The Oracle seems to have lost sight of that fact.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I don't mind the negative opinions but I do agree with JOU student somewhat.  Many of these articles are horribly written and pointless.  THe writers need to be more succinct with their thoughts.  They are usually all over the place and you can't really tell what they're getting at.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Just because the Oracle wins awards doesn't make it a good paper.  A good paper reports the news in a factual manner, differentiates betweens news and opinions, and provokes thought on all sides of an issue.  On all three of these items, the Oracle routinely fails.  I've seen a few good stories from this year's group, but also some horrible stuff.  Until we see wholly factual, completely accurate, and routinely diverse reporting there will be detractors that continue to dislike the Oracle and verbalize that sentiment.

All we want is reality out of a newspaper that represents the university, its student, its alumni, its athletics, and the entire community as a whole.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Seems to me most of the complaints have come from Op-Ed pieces....not "news".