• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Rivalry Rising"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

I like your attitude E.T

We'll WIN Big and this will go by the way side ... next year we'll be defending Big east Champs and they'll be talking 0 & 27  8)

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Bottom Line: this thing is only going to be a "rivalry" if it outlives the mandatory two-year deal. If nothing continues past that point (ala Bowling Green and the four game deal), that's just the way life is.

And remember, sportsfans: everyone is always looking for a better deal.  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I have to say this is a rivaly because there is no other team I wouldnt want to lose to on our schedule.  Of course I hate it when we lose any game, but this is the only game I really dont want to lose, which makes me think a rivalry is developing.  

Bottom Line: this thing is only going to be a "rivalry" if it outlives the mandatory two-year deal. If nothing continues past that point (ala Bowling Green and the four game deal), that's just the way life is.

The same would hold true for Southern Miss, Miami, Florida, etc.

USF would be left without a close major rival... and all 7 other Big East games carry about the same weight right now.

Louisville might be the team we measure ourselves against in the conference, because of our history with them in basketball, and the C-USA football seasons.

U Conn might also be a good measuring stick since they moved to I-A only one year before us.  Of course, they are the only I-A program in all of New England, an area known for hockey players not football players.