• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QBs Denson & Hill

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if these guys have heard of the clever offensive play called the "forward pass." It can work wonders in testing a secondary and a defense overall. I swear, I don't know why FAMU didnt just throw all 11 guys in the box when they were at the helm. I love the scrambling ability of these guys but for crying out loud, we looked like Nebraska out there. Denson had NO patience: the guy was roling out of the pocket even before the ball was snapped to him. I was hoping to see a lot more from these guys. Very dissappointing.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Basically you have two freshmen right off the street.  Can you say "Fast Happy Feet"?

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Can you say vanilla offense? IF PJ wasn't going to show anything I can guarantee that his two backs were not going to do much as well. However, what Denson did show is that he can't hurt you with his legs. So if we are around the goalline and need a score...I think we'll Denson used alot like Brian Fisher was in 2003.

Furthermore, why put anything tape if you don't have to and still win by 30?

I don't buy that Cyber. We weren't trying to hide anything with Denson and Hill at QB. Chances are they won't see the field at QB against UCF anyways. They were out there to get reps and show what they can do. Their passing attempts, or lack there of, where very dissappointing. I know thise kids can run, Sat night was their chance to work on their passing.

"I know thise kids can run, Sat night was their chance to work on their passing."

I am pretty sure Rod Smith does not have a passing play in his playbook.  :P Just look at the play calling! We are a running team.  From the two games that we have played, our play calling has been very conservative when it comes to passing!  I was dissapointed myself because I thought the FAMU game would have been a great game to test out our passing game, for we know we can run already! I think Hill has the potential to be good on the run and with his arm, however, not so much Denson.  May god bless the Bulls and Rod Smith's Play calling?

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I don't buy that Cyber. We weren't trying to hide anything with Denson and Hill at QB. Chances are they won't see the field at QB against UCF anyways. They were out there to get reps and show what they can do. Their passing attempts, or lack there of, where very dissappointing. I know thise kids can run, Sat night was their chance to work on their passing.

I agree completely.

Once we got up to about 20(in order to not let famu stay in the game), we shouldve passed the ball around. Yes, it's kind of unsportsmanlike, but for the good of the season, we NEED the work.

Youre not gonna find a better opportunity to work on GAME SITUATIONS than in a game vs a pitiful football team. Confidence booster.

And now with 2 games in the books we still do not know if Denson or Hill has an arm. Man I hope we are prepared if PJ happens to go down with an injury. I am no PJ supporter, but at least I've seen what he can do with his arm.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Denson had 7 attempts with 2 completions.  He had 8 rushes.  Of those how many were passes in which he would drop back, get happy feet and take off before he let the play develop?  So at least a dozen pass chances with 2 completions.  I think we gave him a chance to see what he could do.  

Either Auburn knows what they were doing, or he just needs a ton of more time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

From the 2 games ... really wonder what he did during the spring and fall practices ... with his performance so far, expect him at RB in 2006.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

There was no reason to pass the ball in a game that we had in hand - run the ball, run the clock.  Why show what our formations will look like for specific pass patterns, and what those patterns and routes look like when we just need to finish out the clock?  The practice that Denson and Hill needed was simply being on the field and marshaling the team.  They don't need to run all the plays in the book to get the field experience.  Show your future opponents only what you need to.

I swear it sounds like nobody around here understands football sometimes.