• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAU - OK ST crowd a joke

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Sorry, ET.  I too don't like duplicate threads (a la Duemig), but I rarely look at the other forums.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

What's sad is most Miami HS's will out draw them this weekend.  That was pitiful, it made our Pitt contest look like we were playing in front of the Big House in Ann Arbor.  There were more OSU fans than FAU fans, and it sounded that way since there was more cheering for OSU then FAU.

This was an OSU team that almost lost to Montana State 15-10 (and Montana State was leading at the half), and despite this game's score you still got the feeling the game was never in doubt.  OSU had 8 sacks, and just smothered FAU.  FAU had 8 guys that pulled up lame in that game, which isn't a good sign since they've got Minnesota, and UL in the coming weeks.  The problem is FAU only has 72 scholarship players, and this brutal road stand against BCS programs could demoralize their team, and beat them up as they head into conference play.  A team that looks like it could win a few SunBelt teams could walk into conference play with 2 or 3 starters out, and on a thin roster like that it could be the difference from a win or loss.

A school that gets this kind of attendance for a BCS visitor can ill afford to go 0-4, and lose most of it's conference games.  They may never get a fan base, let alone student interest.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

FAU - the new Temple (and they share a mascot, to boot.)

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, FAU threatened to sue the NCAA over the I-A requirements if they weren't allowed to move up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Sorry, ET...

No Problem   ;)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Actually, if I'm reading the 1-A requirements right. There are ways around that requirement and FAU and FIU meet it:

Div. I-A teams have to meet minimum attendance requirements (17,000 people in attendance per home game, OR 20,000 average of all football games in the last four years

http://www.ncaa.org/about/div_criteria.html

All a team would have to do is schedule an at Auburn, and at TN or something like that each year, and they would be well on their way to averaging 20k per game.  A game at Penn State would cover almost half the season requirement.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

FAU IS A JOKE THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE A DI-A SCHOOL WHAT WAS ESPN THINKING PUTTING THIS GAME ON TV

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ok State made the deal to play there for a few reasons. The biggest being the recruiting pipeline they want to establish in Miami/Ft. lauderdale.

The  game was at Dolphins Stadium because it was in the contract for the game. Its not fair to judge the attendance on this factor. FAU is about 30 miles from Dolphins Stadium (lockhart is 20) and the game was on a Thursday night. They play this game at Lockhart there is a much better crowd there.

Ok State made the deal to play there for a few reasons. The biggest being the recruiting pipeline they want to establish in Miami/Ft. lauderdale.

The  game was at Dolphins Stadium because it was in the contract for the game. Its not fair to judge the attendance on this factor. FAU is about 30 miles from Dolphins Stadium (lockhart is 20) and the game was on a Thursday night. They play this game at Lockhart there is a much better crowd there.

So OK STATE wants the same players that FAU wants ..uhhhh  ::)

Actually, FAU threatened to sue the NCAA over the I-A requirements if they weren't allowed to move up.

Whats next weber international sueing the NCAA for not allowing them to move from NAIA to D-I  ;) ......... Come to think of it I think it is not fair not allowing JCO schools to play D-I  ::).............  sounds like a bunch of cry babies  :'(