• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many UCFers flew up to PSU in 02?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Feedback on your trip would be welcomed.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

We had between 1,500-2,000 (including the UCF Marching Knights..pep band which is Soph-Seniors) for the trip in 2002.

We had about 1,000-1,100 for 2004.

In 2002, UCF Alumni Assoc, and other groups did a great job in grabbing local hotels so that most Knight fans got to stay in State College the entire weekend. (A bunch of others stayed in Altoona, Harrisburg, etc..)

It's a GREAT College Football Town...really gets cranked up by Noon on Friday (many of the RV's roll into town on Thursday).

Great bars/restaurants and probably one of the coolest group of fans anywhere (this side of Nebraska).

Enjoy the "cool" weather...take your photo next to Joe Pa's Giant Statue by the Stadium, and you'll probably be invited to many tailgates from PSU fans before/after the game.

Enjoy!!!!

KL

PS. Get in your seats early!! USF fans will have great view of PSU (lead by Joe Pa) run on the field for one of the last times. It is a very cool site.

Oh...The Rathskellar ('Skellars) is the place to go! Cool College bar that fills with PSU and visiting fan Alumni.

$3-$4 Yuengling Pitchers and 7 oz 24 bottle CASES of Rolling Rock delivered right to your table!

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Heh...I was up there.  We drove.  It was a long drive, but the stadium is nice and so are the people.

The atmosphere was not nearly as heated as the southern schools but it did get loud at times.  I think there were 103k total for that game.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

The Skellar was awesome. I went up about 14 years ago with some friends when I lived in Philly. We went to the Skellar and the guys said ok Reap order a beer. I did and out came that case oRR I was shocked, but boy did we have a great time!! Incidently we had 3 more cases before we left. Great night great place.   Reaper

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

The Skellar was awesome. I went up about 14 years ago with some friends when I lived in Philly. We went to the Skellar and the guys said ok Reap order a beer. I did and out came that case oRR I was shocked, but boy did we have a great time!! Incidently we had 3 more cases before we left. Great night great place.   Reaper

FYI....huge controversy with Rolling Rock and glass maker in Canada who wants to STOP making the 7 oz ponies.

Folks in State College were protesting...not sure if the ponies dried UP this summer.

Check the PSU Board and find out.

But the $3 Yuengling Pitchers of FRESH home-made brew was well worth it!

KL

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Oh...The Rathskellar ('Skellars) is the place to go! Cool College bar that fills with PSU and visiting fan Alumni.

$3-$4 Yuengling Pitchers and 7 oz 24 bottle CASES of Rolling Rock delivered right to your table!

Is there ANY better reason why an on campus stadium is needed?

I can't wait....

Guest S.  Bien

Is there ANY better reason why an on campus stadium is needed?

I can't wait....

Why?  Are you saying you can't get zoning for a "Cool College Bar" near campus without a campus stadium?

Oh my gosh, USF better call all the local establishments and them shutdown indefinitely until USF builds an on-campus stadium.

I know what you were trying to say just having a little fun.... ;)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Why?  Are you saying you can't get zoning for a "Cool College Bar" near campus without a campus stadium?

Oh my gosh, USF better call all the local establishments and them shutdown indefinitely until USF builds an on-campus stadium.

I know what you were trying to say just having a little fun.... ;)

In all seriousness, what would someone post if they were asked about a UCF game and what to do on campus?  They would probably say, well the campus is 17 miles away so we have no idea what bars are cool around campus.

Now that we will have the stadium, people can go to all the places around the campus and on the campus right near game time and have fun.

The more I think about it the better it is for me.  And I was a supporter long ago.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9

We flew into Harrisburg and drove to SC. About a 90 min drive. The Skellar is fun. Couldn't tell you much about any other bars as we never left until the wee hours!

Check the weather. Last year I went into the game with jeans and a sweatshirt. A lot cooler than we're used to.

Enjoy spending $165/night for a Super 8. Aarrgh!

All the fans were very kind and we spent most of Friday night drinking with them, trading off buying those cases of RR. You will definitely have a good time and take plenty of pictures, trips to Beaver don't happen often for us.

BTW, you guys better have the lead at one point or I'll have to post my UCF 3, PSU 0 photo  ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

In all seriousness, what would someone post if they were asked about a UCF game and what to do on campus?  They would probably say, well the campus is 17 miles away so we have no idea what bars are cool around campus.

Now that we will have the stadium, people can go to all the places around the campus and on the campus right near game time and have fun.

The more I think about it the better it is for me.  And I was a supporter long ago.

Me thinks you may have second thoughts when So Piss comes a calling .......