• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amp Hill to USF likely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

bilde?Site=D9&Date=20050816&Category=SPORTS0202&ArtNo=50816004&Ref=AR&Profile=1028&MaxW=375

Called a "Rising Star" in the preseason issue of Athlon's magazine, Hill reported to preseason practices last week in his best condition since tearing both the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments in his right knee in August of 2003. He was also coming off a very good spring practice. Hill caught four passes for 80 yards in the spring game, including an 8-yard touchdown.

"Oh my God, Amp has really come along," LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell said at the time. "If Amp wouldn't have gotten hurt two years ago, I feel he would've been that fourth guy. Watch out for him this season."

Hill had worked his way into LSU's four-man rotation in 2003 with current NFL players Michael Clayton and Devery Henderson and Skyler Green before his injury. Three surgeries followed along with much rehabilitation. He returned for the 2004 season, but his right leg had grown very weak and he was not ready to play. He got into three games with no receptions.

Just last week in an interview, Hill said he felt he was back to normal.

"I feel like I am there now," Hill said. "I am 100 percent ready. I can run, cut without any problems. I am running smooth. No doubt at all."

Hill, though, was behind several LSU receivers on the depth chart, including Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, Skyler Green, Early Doucet and Xavier Carter. True freshman Brandon LaFell has also made a lot of noise at the position.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050816/SPORTS0202/50816004/1028

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

we'll have 3 Hill's on our roster

Amp, Carlton, and Cedric

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Let's let PSU worry about who starts.  I think that works to our advantage and is likely the reason nothing has been said.  After all they have tons of film on PJ and CD and Hill are virtual unknowns.  They can't prepare for what they don't know. ;)

I remember having the same discussion with some people about Banks and Alabama.  FYI, we lost that game and it was BAD in the 2nd half.   :-/

Guest S.  Bien
we'll have 3 Hill's on our roster

Amp, Carlton, and Cedric

Assuming Amp makes it on the roster.  But ****, talk about some serious physical specimens named "Hill."  It could be a serious 'up Hill battle' for our future opponents.  Our Hill's Top the charts... ;D

seriously, these guys are great, but I want to know where Cedric Hill will fit in this wonderful carousel.  I hate to think that a 6-3 240lbs guy that runs in the low 4.5's, and is probably the most cut guy on the team, will sit wallowing around at TE for this team.  We were smart enough to move Tim Jones.

Miami recruited him as both a TE and receiver.

I don't think Dave would mind me using this snippet from two years ago:

He says UM is recruiting him as a tight end and receiver.

I know you can read the entire article:

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=264376

Guest S.  Bien
Miami recruited him as both a TE and receiver.

I don't think Dave would mind me using this snippet from two years ago:

I know you can read the entire article:

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=264376

The thing is in January 04' he was around 210lbs.  Now he's more like 230lbs or bigger and you've seen him up close too, the kid is chizeled.  I just want that type of athlete on the field as much as possible.  The problem I see is he just not flexible enough to move into a WR slot with the talent we have there now.  My next question is whether he's too athletic to sit around as a blocking TE.  We've got Bleakley, Busbee, and McElwain....then again, it would be nice to have a weapon like Hill running down the field at times, and use Busbee in more the blocking role.

The thing is in January 04' he was around 210lbs.  Now he's more like 230lbs or bigger and you've seen him up close too, the kid is chizeled.  I just want that type of athlete on the field as much as possible.  The problem I see is he just not flexible enough to move into a WR slot with the talent we have there now.  My next question is whether he's too athletic to sit around as a blocking TE.  We've got Bleakley, Busbee, and McElwain....then again, it would be nice to have a weapon like Hill running down the field at times, and use Busbee in more the blocking role.

Did he play any defense in HS? I forget.

I don't know what position Leavitt promised him when we took him from Miami.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Is he really coming or this another Carter and shows up in MIAMI at their practice!!!???

Follow up article:

Bucs WR Clayton Impressed By Hill

Published: Aug 19, 2005

TAMPA - If former LSU WR Amp Hill comes to the University of South Florida, Bucs WR Michael Clayton said the Bulls will be getting a "hell of a" receiver.

In 2003, Hill was a freshman and Clayton was a senior at LSU. Hill worked into LSU's four-man rotation before suffering a severe knee injury that sidelined him for the season.

"He had all the skills to be a No. 1 receiver, a top receiver at LSU," Clayton said. "He was one of the top guys in that class. We expected a lot from him, but he just had that nagging knee injury. From what I've heard, he's gotten back 100 percent. I guess he just wasn't happy about his spot on the depth chart.

"He was a guy who came out and competed every day. He could have been a top guy, should have been one of the top receivers at LSU, so they're getting a speed guy, a strong guy who can catch. They're getting the full package."

Hill's mother, Shandra, said Wednesday her son "wants to go" to USF. The Bulls received Hill's release from LSU, but it's unknown when he will make a decision on his new school.

If Hill (6-3, 203) attends USF, he would have two years' eligibility in 2006 and 2007.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBVMMZXJCE.html

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

how about this senario

pj starts and we win 3 games and look bad(same as last year)

leavitt gets fired

new coach will either bring in new qb or start hill or grothe

loser of battle would transfer