• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are a D1 Football program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

No big deal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

35k - think of all the daycare that can be provided to players' kids for that money...

Low blow there MM.  Let's see though.  Buses will need to be chartered in Tampa & Miami if they fly.  Going by bus I bet will only be about 120 mins more if you consider Athletic Center to hotel room.  The charter bus will go directly from the AC to the hotel.  On the other hand its load the buses to TPA, unload, load/check baggage for team, load players/staff on plane, fly 40 mins, unload players, staff, & equipment from plane, reload the Miami buses with everyone & everything, then go the the hotel.  And after the game, ya do all over again.  So while it maybe an extra 120-150 mins. sitting on your arse, work wise its much easier IMO.  

Freaking players have laptops, Ipods, DVD players and studying that can be done.  I've traveled 8 hrs on a bus to play a college football game against a conference rival.  Get over it.  These are 19-22 yr olds not 28-35 yr old NFLrs.  Their bodies can handle it easy.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

Did anybody notice this?

With the home opener still a month away, USF has sold about 15,000 season tickets, roughly the same amount sold last season.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

what does everyone think about us reaching the 20,000 season ticket sales mark?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

what does everyone think about us reaching the 20,000 season ticket sales mark?

I love my Bulls to death, but don't think it will happen this year. 20k will be easily attainable once we have a consistent winning record again.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

It's ridiculous that our entrance into the BE hasn't garnered us at least 5000 more season tickets in a city like Tampa.  I thought people were football crazy down there?  

Once a front running town, always a front running town.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think its a terrible thing to travel to Miami by bus.  Those players are going to be so amped up to play in the Orange Hole against the 'Canes that 5 hours will fly by.

Now the ride back to Tampa might seem like 10 hours depending on how many points are rolled up.

I can't figure out why more people don't get season tickets.  With all of the alumni in the Tampa/St. Pete area, you'd think we'd be up around 25,000.

Guest PSU Nut

busing them in not bad, what bad is busing them the day of the game is flat out worng.  i played D-1aa ball non scholarship and even we did not bust in the same day of the game.  

Does USF put players uo in a hotel on Firday nights for home games?  I know Penn State does this to get guys off campus and make sure they can sleep and not desturbed by noise in the dorms ect.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

It doesn't say they are bussing them in on the day of the game, and I seriously doubt they would do that.  I don't know if they spend the night before a home game in a hotel, but would anticipate the answer is Yes, even if just to make sure they follow curfew.

To answer a question earlier asked...FSU does fly to Miami.  The only place they travel by bus to is UF.  However, the trip from Tallahassee to Gainesville is less than 2 hours.  FSU actually stays in Lake City the night before the game.

I don't understand what the sense is in having the USF players have to travel by bus.  Especially if the game begins at 7PM (like I am hearing from the Athletic Dept.), because the game will not be over until close to 11PM.  By the time the players get off the field, shower and get on the bus, they won't be pulling out of Miami until close to at least midnight.  So, the players will be arriving back in Tampa @ 5AM the next morning!!  ARE YOU KIDDING!!!  It would make more sense if USF sprung to pay for the players to stay in Miami the night before the game and the night of the game.  However, I am sure they are too cheap to do that as well.