• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are a D1 Football program...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is insane... make the guys sit on busses for five hours... give me a friggen break. I could understand bussing to UCF, but not to Miami. The athletic department should pony up the cash... I bet UM won't take the busses to Tampa for their return game.

ODDS AND ENDS: With USF's Oct. 1 game at Miami slated for an evening start and the Bulls idle the next weekend, USF will charter buses to Miami. It will save about $35,000 not flying and will be only the second road game USF bused to (Georgia Southern, 1998). ... With the home opener still a month away, USF has sold about 15,000 season tickets, roughly the same amount sold last season.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

This is insane... make the guys sit on busses for five hours... give me a friggen break. I could understand bussing to UCF, but not to Miami. The athletic department should pony up the cash... I bet UM won't take the busses to Tampa for their return game.

ODDS AND ENDS: With USF's Oct. 1 game at Miami slated for an evening start and the Bulls idle the next weekend, USF will charter buses to Miami. It will save about $35,000 not flying and will be only the second road game USF bused to (Georgia Southern, 1998). ... With the home opener still a month away, USF has sold about 15,000 season tickets, roughly the same amount sold last season.

It's not that big of a deal. The team would have to meet at school at least 2 hrs before the flight 1 hr flight and 30-45 minutes at airport getting luggage and boarding the bus to head to hotel. Before you know it, the 5 hr bus ride is about equal to the time it takes to fly!

Plus it gives the team a little bit of comradarie on the bus joking and playing cards or whatever else they joke around about!

No Problem whatsoever!

Guest Harvey Jones

sheriff you are 100% right.

Big Hairy - Football teams charter so your talking about being at the runway 30 minutes before the plane takes off an hour in the air and you save yourself 3-4 hours at a minimum.  There is no standing in line for your ticket or waiting to go through security. This is very sad.  

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

You guys are 100% correct that riding on a bus with all your buddies the day before an 8pm game for 5 hrs is a crime!

Give me a break!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We also have more important things to worry about, like black logos and red flags!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

It will save about $35,000

Who doesn't understand this? C'mon...raise your hands. Let's see those hands of everyone who thinks USF is going to squander $35K.

Q: fellas...for those of you attending the game...how many of YOU are springing for a flight from Tampa to Miami?

If your road trips consist of the best "deal" (c'mon man, I'll split the gas money with you) in transport or lodging (can I crash on the couch or the hotel room floor), then surely you understand that it's all 'bout the Benjamins!  8)  

It will save about $35,000.

Who doesn't understand this? C'mon...raise your hands. Let's see those hands of everyone who thinks USF is going to squander $35K.

Q: fellas...for those of you attending the game...how many of YOU are springing for a flight from Tampa to Miami?

If your road trips consist of the best "deal" (c'mon man, I'll split the gas money with you) in transport or lodging (can I crash on the couch or the hotel room floor), then surely you understand that it's all 'bout the Benjamins!  8)  

Well said, WB. Well said.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Hmmm, with a nice 2 hour delay in the flight, it might barely be faster to go by plane.

Has Miami been flying to FSU and UF?  I wonder myself.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

35k - think of all the daycare that can be provided to players' kids for that money...

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

There will be no card playing and joking around on the way home if the game doesn't go well...they may not even be allowed to use the bathroom.