• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF Uniforms

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Tweaks?

wow. ya'll are blind.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

this post will destroy us!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Tweaks?

wow. ya'll are blind.

So what would you call it, Shoop, a major overhaul?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Pride IS an issue BG95. Look at FSU and that other school that will make me puke. Their jerseys are everywhere you go. We need to have OUR jersey everywhere, not just in the bookstore. My point is that sure it's just a jersey, but it's OUR jersey. If it's new, make it available everywhere. And if there are changes, let it be known.    Reaper

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Is this thread really 7 pages long!  ****!  We need lives....   :-/

Pride IS an issue BG95. Look at FSU and that other school that will make me puke. Their jerseys are everywhere you go. We need to have OUR jersey everywhere, not just in the bookstore. My point is that sure it's just a jersey, but it's OUR jersey. If it's new, make it available everywhere. And if there are changes, let it be known.    Reaper

Rebe, I will agree with you.  I'd love to have our gear everywhere.  I know that we are getting there slowly but surely.  I know that all of us on this board wear our Bulls gear with great pride.  I guess I just don't understand all the hubbub about the jersey changes.  Again, I've got to say that it's not like when we had the logo change.  

Same story will apply to our jerseys as everything else.  We've got to get out and pressure the retailers to put the gear on their racks.  We'll go and buy it.  I think that is well evidenced by the wall of USF gear that you can find at any Sports Fan Attic in Tampa.  However, we've got to keep buying the gear to get them to keep stocking it.  We've made great strides to make into the top 50 in NCAA sales in the past few years.  For the comparatively small alumni base that we've got compared to some of the big schools, that is an amazing accomplishment.  I'm pretty confident that we'll continue to see more and more product on the shelves as we continue to make our mark on the national stage.

Looking forward to a great 2005 season.  I'll be making my annual shopping trip to stock up on new gear in the next few weeks.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

very true, but this is a different conversation then an "unveiling" of a tweaked uniform. At this point even if interest skyrocketed due to a changed number style there is still no where to even by one so it's a moot point.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

So what would you call it, Shoop, a major overhaul?

Absolutely.

The new jerseys make us look like a Div 1 college football team now. One that plays in a BCS conference. One that plays in a top NFL stadium. One that can compete with the big 3.

The previous version looked very Div 1AA / high school-ish.

Ever put on a new suit? One that feels good, one that looks good? You carry yourself better. You hold your chin up cause you know you look good.

Same thing. Anyone who's ever played a sport - at any level- knows that if you look good, you play good.

Now, I'm definitely not saying that we're gonna go win the Big East now cause our jerseys look cool, but it doesnt hurt for the players to take pride in the uniform that they are putting on, in pregame.

Guys, I just want to clarify my point on this.  I agree to a certain extent about the pride issue.  We do look like a much classier outfit with the new jerseys.  I guess I'm still not understanding why such a big deal is being made out of it.  Great, we look classier, and hopefully, our guys do take pride in wearing the "U" on their lids.  Let's not make a federal case out of why we weren't given us a proper and official viewing of the new gear.  And like I've said before, demand will get the jerseys in the stores.  And, yes, they are available.  I've seen them with my own two eyes a the bookstore.  Granted there's no real selection, but they are there.  Sell those out and the bookstore will keep bringing them in.  Ask a the sports fan attic for the new jerseys.  Enough people ask, and they'll show up there too.  

Let's put this stinking issue to rest.  We all love the Bulls, we all take a lot of pride in wearing our gear.  Hopefully, someone at the school will take note of a 7-page thread on this and next time there is a change, maybe we'll get a bit more of an official word on the changes, and where and when the new gear will be available.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Absolutely.

The new jerseys make us look like a Div 1 college football team now. One that plays in a BCS conference. One that plays in a top NFL stadium. One that can compete with the big 3.

The previous version looked very Div 1AA / high school-ish.

Ever put on a new suit? One that feels good, one that looks good? You carry yourself better. You hold your chin up cause you know you look good.

Same thing. Anyone who's ever played a sport - at any level- knows that if you look good, you play good.

Now, I'm definitely not saying that we're gonna go win the Big East now cause our jerseys look cool, but it doesnt hurt for the players to take pride in the uniform that they are putting on, in pregame.

when it comes to changes from the pansy orange tutu's the bucs used to wear to the blood red with skull and cross bones then that makes complete sense. When it comes to numbers changing from 3-D to flat, yeah some might think it looks classier others may not but it isn't anything more then a tweak. Kind of like your new suit example....change from a black suit to another black suit with different style buttons. Might be a nice touch but hardly something that will get everyone around to go crazy over.