• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RED SHIRTS, TOWELS ETC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Stealing an idea that Howie posted, what if the band,  cheerleaders, or even the crowd waive red towels when the BULLS enter the field. Just an idea. What do y'all think?   Reaper

It would look odd when we played Lousivlle, Rutgers, & Cincinnati...

Now, if you said that they should be in the red & white outfits, that might be someting...

000472.running-bulls.jpg

1209.jpg

bulls02.jpg

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Respectfully back at you: SCREW the "red" shirts. That stadium is RED enough. The red towel idea is great but we all need to wear our green & gold USF stuff........

P.S. Can you think what that stadium would look like if we all wore red shirts with the red seats and playing L'ville. That would look like a L'ville home game. YUCH.......

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

bulls02.jpg

I'm pretty sure that guy on the right under the green has two tone pants right about now ..... possibly three tone, white, yellow and brown.  ;)

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

I'd agree.  Red towels would have to be the extent of it.  Red shirts...no way!  Green and Gold only.

Guest S.  Bien
why not green towels?

I agree, green towels, or even a yellow/gold towel.  Red is just too off base and I think it would get lost in translation....i.e. why the red towel, especially when we play teams in our conference like UL, Rutgers, and Cinci where red is their primary logo color.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I like the red, it's used to incite the Bulls.  It would create a unique tradition.  It would only be lost for a little while.  I guarentee anytime one of our home games were on tv and we had the red towels, the anouncers would know why they are there.

Guest S.  Bien
I like the red, it's used to incite the Bulls.  It would create a unique tradition.  It would only be lost for a little while.  I guarentee anytime one of our home games were on tv and we had the red towels, the anouncers would know why they are there.

It could work if you had everyone on board with it.  That's the main problem you start giving out towels to everyone and they'll be waving them at all the inappropriate times (when the red towels only have a very particular identity and time), then you're in the middle of the game, the camera flashes to the stands and you see a couple of teenagers flipping around a red towel- then it's completely lost in translation.  Furthermore, who do you give the towels to?  If you just do the band members and cheerleaders then no one will have a clue of what you're doing and it will appear odd.  You lose many of the fans, and the intent.

Just because a couple of quirkly rabid internet fans get it doesn't mean it's a scaleable idea that will transcend across the masses.  The best ideas to work with the masses are usually very simple.  If you need to sit down and explain the red towel symbolizes the matador, and the Bulls....next you're going to have a cynic reminding you that the red is what a Matador uses to lead a bull into the ring for slaughter....oppps lost in translation.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

No RED

too many red opponents and it is bad enough we already play in a Red stadium....