• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Charlie Strong is Still Coaching at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

He’s a GREAT head coach for THIS PROGRAM. We need consistency. We need a guy that can recruit the state of Florida. Coach Strong is highly regarded by the High School coaching community in this state. 

People that are rooting for his exit are delusional. 

+1000

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

He’s a GREAT head coach for THIS PROGRAM. We need consistency. We need a guy that can recruit the state of Florida. Coach Strong is highly regarded by the High School coaching community in this state. 

Think he might need to reevaluate his OC, but I still can't get over what he's been able to do with his first full recruiting class here. Glad we had some continuity this year with the coaches because this year's class is exactly what we needed with so many seniors leaving this year. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

I say you are wrong.  I think he is too rooted in his way and incapable of adapting to the players and game around him.  I would use the fact that he was favored in every game at the beginning of the season and started and was expected to finish ranked. but didn't as evidence to support my claim.  What evidence do you put forth to support your belief that he is actually a good coach for this program? 

I stand by my earlier statement,  Florida athletes are just that,  athletes, they are fast and nimble,  not big bruisers but this offense insists on a 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy.  Flowers should have been invited to New York but wasn't because this coaching staff held him back. 

We'll have to wait until next year, at this time, to see who is right.  I guess the one thing going in my favor is that I would be more than happy to be wrong..............................I win either way.......................you can't say that. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Wildrover said:

I say you are wrong.  I think he is too rooted in his way and incapable of adapting to the players and game around him.  I would use the fact that he was favored in every game at the beginning of the season and started and was expected to finish ranked. but didn't as evidence to support my claim.  What evidence do you put forth to support your belief that he is actually a good coach for this program? 

I stand by my earlier statement,  Florida athletes are just that,  athletes, they are fast and nimble,  not big bruisers but this offense insists on a 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy.  Flowers should have been invited to New York but wasn't because this coaching staff held him back. 

We'll have to wait until next year, at this time, to see who is right.  I guess the one thing going in my favor is that I would be more than happy to be wrong..............................I win either way.......................you can't say that. 

Congrats Wildrover, your last two sentences are the most juvenile and whiny anti-Bull garbage that I’ve read in a while. A great double shot of crap. Nice work!

My “evidence” is stated in my initial statement. He’s a highly respected coach and by every account a GREAT recruiter. College sports are driven by recruiting. Do you remember the Skip Holtz era? He couldn’t recruit this state and he nearly single handedly destroyed the program.

Oh yeah, We were 10-2 and won a Bowl game in Coach Strong’s first year. Not bad.

The offense was pretty vanilla compared to last year, no question. But we still put up crazy offensive numbers. I would like to see some more innovative offensive game planning, I’m hopeful that he will adapt (as Taggart did) as the years progress.

Every one on this board agree on 1 thing. Right now, and probably forever, USF will a stepping stone program for most coaches that come through.

Coach Strong is a guy that has strong ties in this state. He’s a respected man that’s no spring  chicken and has been around the block. Maybe, just maybe, we could keep this man around a while? Maybe he would like to plant some roots and build a legacy here? Maybe people like you will wake up and realize this?? Probably not. 

The fact that you would “win” either way next year if he has a good year or bad year tells me everyone one TBP all we need to know about you.

Troll somewhere else dude, your argument was weak.

Go Bulls!!

Edited by SpeedBull