• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will we know

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

$10 says PJ.  Sorry.   :-/  I was at SC and I see the SAME result at PSU.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

$10 says PJ.  Sorry.   :-/  I was at SC and I see the SAME result at PSU.  

Not the same result.  USF D will be better and the PSU O will not be as good.  As for PJ, his knee will not be gimpy so I see a close game 'til the fourth.

who will be our starting QB @ PSU?

Probably not until the Bulls get on the plane for State College...

Remember, despite PJ's current "hold" on the starting job, summer practice starts soon and Denson, Hill, or GrothE could beat him out... but that will take time to evaluate...

My guess is that Leavitt has a deadline in mind, one that he probably won't even share with Smith... but it's probably not much more than a week before the Penn State game...

Ya have to figure that for the last week before the game, the "starting QB" will be getting the most reps with the first team... prior to that, CJL and OCRS will be circulating the QBs among the teams...  I would also expect Gregory to be the scout team QB, as he needs to sit out the year anyway...

Oh, and I don't know any more than you guys... I'm just making a logical guess...

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

PJ's gonna start.  The freshman aren't going to be able to learn the O in time for PSU.  My hope is that if we are getting blown apart (and with PJ there's a strong possibility that we will frequently) that Leavitt puts the Freshmen in for mop up duty.

So I guess Denson isn't the answer we were all looking for?  Now we know why the kid never got a shot at Auburn.  He had a year to learn the O and practice with the team and PJ is STILL better? .

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

PJ better play his A$$ off if he wants to keep his job.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Beastie I would have to agree with you, but disagree with you in one thing. It is not complicated to learn our offense. It is sophmorish and predictable. touch football teams have some better plays than we do. Off left tackle, off right tackle, pass, punt. There you go. NOW>>> It's up to Rod to prove me wrong. I am stuck in the Hobie mentality for Bulls O. It is my sincere hope Rod brings a new wrinkle of a pertenant offense in. Otherwise, I don't care who is at QB, we won't due diddly.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128

Did Denson look that bad during the spring?  Why does it seem to be that on the board many think Denson has no shot?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Did Denson look that bad during the spring?  Why does it seem to be that on the board many think Denson has no shot?

Because some people on this board are just negative not knowing fans.

No one on here really knows what each QB is looking like in practice. They are just speculating and expecting the worst.

Have some faith in Leavitt!

Go Bulls!